Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second hand NX Kit Dual Stage

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second hand NX Kit Dual Stage

I purchased a second hand dual stage kit and have a few questions.

Safest way to clean all the fittings and hoses?

I am know I am missing the WOT switch, planned on purchasing this, LINK. Is that the correct one?

Does the universal solenoid bracket come with one or two per purchase? LINK

Does anyone have the schematics for wiring Dual Stage with MSD RPM Window Switch? I've searched and best answer I have for it is this. Only problem is I only have a wire for the COIL, 12V, GROUND and ACTIVATION. Would I just use the activation wire between the two?

Thanks all!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JordanRN
I purchased a second hand dual stage kit and have a few questions.

Safest way to clean all the fittings and hoses?

I am know I am missing the WOT switch, planned on purchasing this, LINK. Is that the correct one?

Does the universal solenoid bracket come with one or two per purchase? LINK

Does anyone have the schematics for wiring Dual Stage with MSD RPM Window Switch? I've searched and best answer I have for it is this. Only problem is I only have a wire for the COIL, 12V, GROUND and ACTIVATION. Would I just use the activation wire between the two?

Thanks all!

Clean the fittings with some laquer thinner or brake cleaner.

That is the correct WOT switch.

That is for one solenoid bracket, it isn't a pair.

Which window switch do you have? To use an MSD 8969 window switch with a dual stage, you just tie both grounds, (the white wire on each relay or pin 85) to the yellow wire on the MSD window switch.

Let me know if you have anymore questions buddy! You can order this stuff through me if you like, I'll get you taken care of.

-Garrett
Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Clean the fittings with some laquer thinner or brake cleaner.

That is the correct WOT switch.

That is for one solenoid bracket, it isn't a pair.

Which window switch do you have? To use an MSD 8969 window switch with a dual stage, you just tie both grounds, (the white wire on each relay or pin 85) to the yellow wire on the MSD window switch.

Let me know if you have anymore questions buddy! You can order this stuff through me if you like, I'll get you taken care of.

-Garrett

Garrett,

I usually order through Summit due to their location in GA and shipping usually arrives in a day or two.

What about testing / cleaning solenoids? I found a PDF for another brand, but nothing on NX.

The only thing I was able to get with the kit was the Solenoids, lines, jets and nozzles. The only thing I see that I'm missing is the relays, brackets and WOT Switch, am I missing anything else?

Thanks!

Last edited by JordanRN; 09-22-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That should be everything you need. If you need any help taking the solenoids apart just give me a ring. They are fairly simply, you have the magnet, the tower, the piston, the spring, an o-ring and a base. You can test the solenoids a couple different ways, I usually just pressure them up and test fire them, to make sure they don't hang open or anything. Don't forget your filter fitting for the inlet side of the nitrous solenoid.

-Garrett
Old 09-28-2014, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Just wanted to give an update on what's been finished.

We were able to get the first stage wired up and verified everything was working properly. Second stage will be completed sometime by next weekend. It was a fairly simple install.

Video of install

Edit***

Just realized I made a huge mistake when hiding the lines etc... Rookie error, fuel line and power wires don't mix. Will be fixed soon.

Last edited by JordanRN; 09-28-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Second hand NX Kit Dual Stage