Sponsored by:

nitrous vs water meth

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous vs water meth

What are the pros and con's of both and which is easier to install and tune
And is it true you can use windshield washer fluid for water meth injection because its got water methane in it a friend of mine claims you can
Old 10-30-2014, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As far as tuning both would see the biggest gains on a dyno. Prices would be determined by the tuners in your area. I do believe you can use blue washer fluid if the freeze rating is -20.

Installation should be pretty much the same. I have only installed nitrous by the only a couple things change l. Instead of a bottle you install a container and pump. Both require feed lines and wiring.

Nitrous pros- will make alot more power hands down. It gives one hell of a kick in the pants on a decent sized shot. Still easy to install.

Cons- cost of refilling bottles is more then meth. Definitely alot more dangerous if used inproperly. It will find all the weak parts in the drive train such as a clutch or stock TC. Should run some sort of drag radials so you don't wrap it around a pole. Then you find the weakness of the ten bolt.

Meth injection pros- cheaper refills. Not as dangerous but still can be. Kits should be around the same price of each other.

Cons- lower power increase. It basically just adding higher octane fuel which lower cylinder Temps to allow more timing or boost.

Hope this helps but I'm not really familiar with meth injection as I have never used it.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 116 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Same as above, and hear you can use the Winter blend washer fluid.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:38 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not both together?

Water methanol is like running race fuel, but more cost efficient. It allows you to run more timing because its an octane booster. You can use windshield washer fluid and add a small amount of straight methanol to it to get it close to a 50/50 blend.

Nitrous adds horsepower to the wheels, and works great for adding power to anything. It also helps cool the air charge alot especially on boosted applications, running a small horsepower shot in conjunction with blower or turbo has proven to yield amazing results.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

-Garrett
Old 11-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Y'all answered all my questions thanks
Old 11-01-2014, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No problem .

Quick Reply: nitrous vs water meth