Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Lingenfelter Nitrous controller NCC-002

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About Lingenfelter Nitrous controller NCC-002

OK i have researched, Google, and Read full instruction manual 3 times, Called lingenfelter and the guy that knows everything about it because he designed it wasn't in and still have some question.

Arming Input I under stand this on Used to connect W.O.T Switch to arming switch.

Clutch Input-from what i gathered you can wire a wire from Clutch Input To Trans Brake 12V, With the arming switch enabled (WOT switch connected to arming input) and the vehicle at the line, Activating Transbrake disables the nitrous, even though the throttle may be above the TPS enable percentage. When the Transbreak is released, the system is enabled and nitrous can flow. I also know that if you activate trans brake thru a Gnd that you wire it from clutch input to transbrake switched GND and use the software to change input polarity to Gnd. Correct?

Analog2 input-only used for manual switch to erase data log.is this really its only function ?

Analog1 input-only used to connect to Clutch using (clutch position sensor 0-5v,) or if connecting to LCN2000 for data logging for spark retard. ANYTHING ELSE THAT ANALOG 1 CAN BE USED FOR?

If using the Nitrous Pressure Sensor Connected to N2O PSI input but NOT using Relay2 Out 12Vto control bottle heater will Nitrous pressure still recorded.

if using the fuel pressure sensor I know that the white wire goes to Fuel PSI Input but can the sensor power and GND still connect to Sensor +5v & Sensor GND if they are already being used by the Nitrous Pressure Sensor.

Shift Input how to hook up to ?

Timer Output +12v this can be used to activate a timing retard on MSD 6LS by connecting pink (SW Retard) wire ? and how else could this be used?

Shift Light-No questions on this i fully understand it puts out 12V when programmed shift point has been reached. Connected to 12side of Shift light. while GND side of shift light is always Grounded.

Tach Input- No questions on this one. connect MSD 6LS yellow Tach output wire to it.

Relay1 Out, GNDwhat are some examples of how people are using this. I under stand that when options in software under Relay 1 are configured and are met that it outputs a GND signal. but what different things can be done this way?

Relay2 Out, +12vother than bottle heater control what are some examples of how people are using this. I under stand that when options in software under Relay 2 are configured and are met that it outputs a 12v signal. but what different things can be done this way?

PWM Out- Currently does nothing according to instruction manual
for future Options? correct

Hall Input this is connected to Enable MPH settings Correct?

TPS InputI understand that connecting this to tps sensor wire using TPS Instead of WOT switch.

AFR InputThis is where the wire from my innovate MTX-L wide band 0-5V out would connect so the controller can monitor Air/Fuel Ratio

I cant see how a company would design such a bad *** controller and have such limited wiring diagrams and additional tech info. Please add any other info you know and I will be creating various wiring diagrams for my knowledge and I will post for others to reference.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousLS408
OK i have researched, Google, and Read full instruction manual 3 times, Called lingenfelter and the guy that knows everything about it because he designed it wasn't in and still have some question.

Arming Input I under stand this on Used to connect W.O.T Switch to arming switch. Arming Input is what tells the NCC that the nitrous should be activated... it is 12v+ input from the WOT switch if used.

Clutch Input-from what i gathered you can wire a wire from Clutch Input To Trans Brake 12V, With the arming switch enabled (WOT switch connected to arming input) and the vehicle at the line, Activating Transbrake disables the nitrous, even though the throttle may be above the TPS enable percentage. When the Transbreak is released, the system is enabled and nitrous can flow. I also know that if you activate trans brake thru a Gnd that you wire it from clutch input to transbrake switched GND and use the software to change input polarity to Gnd. Correct? YES - that will function like that. Transbrake 12V+ (or ground) to CLUTCH INPUT will be the interrupt. Once 12V+ (or ground) is removed from CLUTCH INPUT and ARMING INPUT is enabled it will be begin the progressive program.

Analog2 input-only used for manual switch to erase data log.is this really its only function ? Currently - Yes that is all the NCC is configured to do with Analog2... future firmware may change this

Analog1 input-only used to connect to Clutch using (clutch position sensor 0-5v,) or if connecting to LCN2000 for data logging for spark retard. ANYTHING ELSE THAT ANALOG 1 CAN BE USED FOR? Again, at this time that is all it is configured for... another potential use for future firmware

If using the Nitrous Pressure Sensor Connected to N2O PSI input but NOT using Relay2 Out 12Vto control bottle heater will Nitrous pressure still recorded. Yes.. I am fairly certain it will log nitrous pressure even if not using bottle heater functions, I do not have any NDL files on this computer to check if Nitrous Pressure is datalogged

if using the fuel pressure sensor I know that the white wire goes to Fuel PSI Input but can the sensor power and GND still connect to Sensor +5v & Sensor GND if they are already being used by the Nitrous Pressure Sensor. Yes you would connect both sensors to the 5V+ and GND

Shift Input how to hook up to ? No idea what its purpose is.... one of many additional features that are redundant.

Timer Output +12v this can be used to activate a timing retard on MSD 6LS by connecting pink (SW Retard) wire ? and how else could this be used? Yes you can do that... it can do any number of functions that would require a timed control...

Shift Light-No questions on this i fully understand it puts out 12V when programmed shift point has been reached. Connected to 12side of Shift light. while GND side of shift light is always Grounded.

Tach Input- No questions on this one. connect MSD 6LS yellow Tach output wire to it.

Relay1 Out, GNDwhat are some examples of how people are using this. I under stand that when options in software under Relay 1 are configured and are met that it outputs a GND signal. but what different things can be done this way?

Relay2 Out, +12vother than bottle heater control what are some examples of how people are using this. I under stand that when options in software under Relay 2 are configured and are met that it outputs a 12v signal. but what different things can be done this way?

PWM Out- Currently does nothing according to instruction manual
for future Options? correct

Hall Input this is connected to Enable MPH settings Correct?

TPS InputI understand that connecting this to tps sensor wire using TPS Instead of WOT switch.

AFR InputThis is where the wire from my innovate MTX-L wide band 0-5V out would connect so the controller can monitor Air/Fuel Ratio

I cant see how a company would design such a bad *** controller and have such limited wiring diagrams and additional tech info. Please add any other info you know and I will be creating various wiring diagrams for my knowledge and I will post for others to reference.

I answered what I could... There are a ton of features in this box that no one will ever use.... But, there are features on it that a lot of folks overlooks when getting into progressives, like fuel advance, and ability to control nitrous and fuel solenoids independently.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
I answered what I could... There are a ton of features in this box that no one will ever use.... But, there are features on it that a lot of folks overlooks when getting into progressives, like fuel advance, and ability to control nitrous and fuel solenoids independently.
First off thank you for your reply, didn't think anyone was going to reply,

I yeah i like the idea of being able to start the fuel to spray slightly before nitrous to prevent a lean spike. I also like how you can disabling the nitrous according to the Air/Fuel Ratio cool safety feature, just wish it would pull fuel or pull nitrous to adjust for Air/Fuel Ratio on fly, like the maximizer 4 does.

I am pretty sure I know a way to wire a couple relays and capacitor to either of the NCC-002's Relay Out's For a auto purge function.

OR set one of the Relay out's to Activate Line-lock when activating Tranny Brake and Disable Line-lock when tranny brake released.

just a couple of Ideas

Quick Reply: Question About Lingenfelter Nitrous controller NCC-002