LS6 Intake
2014 Z/28 exhaust manifolds
LS2 timing chain and damper
Melling HP/HV Oil pump

Wet nitrous system:
200 shot plate kit

Dry nitrous kit:
Single nozzle 100 shot using AIT trick to add more fuel and timing

Timing tuner used to pull timing for 200 shot and used as window switch for both stages.

Now the questions:

What injectors? I think 42s might be on the edge.

Is a Walbro 255 enough fuel pump?

Are stock fuel lines OK?

Is a single -4AN line enough for 300hp of nitrous?

Where should the dry nozzle go? I assume between the MAF and TB but should it be closer to the MAF or the TB?

Does it matter where the nitrous filter is as long as it is between the tank and solenoid?

Can the nitrous be staged this way or will they interfere with each other somehow?

How much timing should I pull? I know the 2 for 50 rule but I have also heard that it can differ with bigger shots.

How about spark plugs? NGK 8s or 9s or 9s I assume. How will these impact NA perfromance?

My plan is to start at a 100 shot and work my way up. I ran a 100 shot for a while successfully so that seems like a good place to start.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'd need a bigger pump if that's what you're wanting to do. A 255 with a boost-a-pump is good for about 650, and you're over that on motor and with what you're wanting to spray on nitrous. For anything over 200, you really need to upgrade your nitrous feedline to 6AN, as the 4AN just can't flow enough to support over 200. The filter should go within the first foot or so of your line from the bottle. Our filters come with a 7 inch line designed to go from the bottle to the filter, then the feedline goes on the other side of the filter. Nitrous can be staged, however most people really don't have a need for more than one stage. If you can keep it at one stage and put it on a progressive, it'll sure make tuning it a lot easier for you. Also, keep it all wet or dry, when you go to mixing them it can make tuning tricky. For the plugs you'd be in a 9 most likely, and your NA driving on them probably won't be great. As far as how much timing to pull, the 2 for 50 rule is just a starting point. There's no substitution for going to the track and making pulls and reading your spark plugs. With how much you're wanting to spray, you should just go with a direct port. A direct port will give you the best tunability and safety.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. I agree a PWM controlled progressive direct port system is the way to go. With that said I think I'm going to baby step this.

For now I will just work my way up to a 200 shot through a plate kit and add a progressive controller when I can't get traction. Then I will keep the current -4AN nitrous feed line and add a second walbro.

If I want more after I have successfully run the 200 shot, I will have a lot more experience and will step up to direct port.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Setup questions