Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous and turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous and turbo

I have searched and can't find many threads on this topic. Basically, I have a NX nozzle kit from my LT1 that I removed before selling the car and purchased a Nitrous Outlet conversion plate kit and hardlines to use that kit on my current LS1 car. Well the build changed and I now have a Huron Speed T4 turbo kit with the Turbonetics TC78 turbo. I don't want to take a loss and sell the nitrous kit and understand the cooling effects and faster spool that the nitrous has on the turbo system.

My question is will I need to pull timing for a 50-75 shot as that is all I plan on spraying. Furthermore, I was planning on purchasing the Nitrous Outlet dedicated fuel cell. If I have race fuel in there, will that maybe be enough to prevent the need to modify timing as well. I was using a Mallory 685 box on my old LT1. I guess what I'm getting at is I would like to avoid spending the big coin on the Lingenfelter box if I don't have too and just using the cheaper MSD window switch.

Thanks for any advice offered.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need to pull some timing to start with, just to be on the safe side. Pull 3 degrees or so, even though you may wind up putting it back in based on what the plugs are saying.

Quick Reply: Nitrous and turbo