Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system requirements for N2O and E85

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system requirements for N2O and E85

Hey guys, I have a 90mm plate kit on the way for my 5th gen. I also have an E85 flex fuel sensor thats been laying around for a while now unused. Just wondering what fuel system modifications if any I would need to run E85 and spray together? Planning to only spray 100 shot to start with a max of a 150 later down the road. Just trying to decide if it will be financially feasible for me to add in the E85 or if I should just sell the flex fuel sensor to recoup some money if it's too much work to get it set up with the nitrous. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the issue I could see would be the nitrous tune changing based on ethanol content.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

the more ethanol the more fuel. if it is tuned for e85 and you run less than that you will be rather rich.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hardcoresoldier
the more ethanol the more fuel. if it is tuned for e85 and you run less than that you will be rather rich.
If that's how it worked it would defeat the entire purpose of flex fuel. The sensors read ethanol content and makes fueling adjustments accordingly. It won't be tuned for E85 specifically. However I am not sure how that would be affected with nitrous added. I know how the sensor itself works, I'm just not sure how it would be affected (if at all) with nitrous thrown into the mix, and what it would demand out of a fuel system (hence the title of this thread). Would a stand alone fuel cell be needed?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

the nitrous portion is what I am referring too. if it is jetted for e85 and you run 93 octane, you will be waaaay rich. if it is jetted for 93 and you run e85 you will be waaaay lean. you would have to know what tune it likes for various blends and rejet accordingly. Your timing may also need to be adjusted.

One thing to note, e85 and gasoline tune a little differently.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You will need a larger fuel jet, but you might not need to pull any timing either
Old 10-10-2015, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hardcoresoldier
the nitrous portion is what I am referring too. if it is jetted for e85 and you run 93 octane, you will be waaaay rich. if it is jetted for 93 and you run e85 you will be waaaay lean. you would have to know what tune it likes for various blends and rejet accordingly. Your timing may also need to be adjusted.

One thing to note, e85 and gasoline tune a little differently.
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
You will need a larger fuel jet, but you might not need to pull any timing either
Ahhh ok I misunderstood you my bad. So yeah it definitely sounds like a bit of a hassle. That's the info I was looking for. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Fuel system requirements for N2O and E85