Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For nitrous gurus

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For nitrous gurus

I have a 98 ws6 with the following upgrades. These upgrades were done by previous owner and I have receipts to confirm these. I'm wanting to put a 200-250 shot on this car. I'm thing either progressive or two stage. Was thinking about using the jms progressive controller which should also program for timing retards. Open to other controllers as well if there is a better product/set ups. So the mods are have a Midwest tx 2800/3000 stall converter. Prc stage 2.5 ls6 heads (studded, port, and polished). 3.905 bore, 6.125 rod length with scat H beam forged rods, diamond racing forged flat top -2cc pistons, crankshaft is forged with clevite bearings, MS3 camshaft 237/242, ls7 lifters, Manley 1.57" exhaust valves, Manley 2.04 intake valves, cometic multi layer steel cylinder head gaskets, 347 aluminum block...as far as I know the intake and injectors are stock? Not sure about that, is there a easy way to verify this? I want a safe set up as well. With filters before the solenoids, fuel pressure sensor switch, nitrous pressure gauge, purge kit, etc. this isn't a daily driver but is driven on the street mostly. Car has been tuned makes just under 500hp. Was also wondering if I should consider larger injectors and intake. Also heard two different stories for direct port. Heard it's easy to tune and heard it's harder to tune, which is true? Obviously this is not carb but still efi. So which is better for efi the plate or direct port? Really interested in good set up ideas and advice. Thanks in advance... Sorry for the book but wanted as much detail out there I could think of.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wanted the absolute best then I'd go with a direct port. It will give you 100% cyl distribution and also allow you tune each cyl individually. On the flip side though I've seen people use our plates at 200-250hp with no issues. As far as jet changes the plate setup will be easier because you're dealing with 2 jets instead of 16 like a direct port. Either setup will get you covered, but if you plan to ever go 250hp then I'd really look at the direct port option. I'd also look at upgrading the intake/injectors being stock especially if you wanted to maximize the potential hp you can make.

-Chris
Old 11-23-2015, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Thanks Chris what do think would be a good intake? Stock sized fast or a larger fast or any other brands? What lb injectors do you think?
Old 11-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

I would go with a FAST 92mm setup. That would be fine for now and also allow you transfer it to a bigger cube motor on down the line. For the injectors I'd go with a set of 42lber's.

-Chris
Old 11-27-2015, 08:23 AM
Teching In

Cool thanks.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

You're welcome!

-Chris
Old 11-30-2015, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Speaking of the Fast 92, when I switched from the LS6 intake to the Fast 92 my torque shot through the roof on nitrous. Same tuner and same basic a/f, but for whatever reason the nitrous responded MUCH better to this intake

Quick Reply: For nitrous gurus