Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous without a tune

Old 02-24-2016, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous without a tune

I am new to the idea of nitrous. Never really considered it before. Here's where I'm at...I have a 6th gen Camaro SS and I'd like to install a plate system. My question is about the tune. As I understand it, pulling timing when the nitrous hits is a good idea (necessity?). Is it possible to safely run a wet setup without tuning the car? Can I retard the timing as required via some other method? I don't want to screw with the warranty.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe a better question is does anyone offer a timing controller for the new LT1?
Old 02-25-2016, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can probally run a small dry shot buy just changing the plugs.

But you have a brand new 6th gen i would not chance blowing up that engine. a simple $500 tune will save you a 15K engine replacement.

My motto is do it right, or dont do it at all. a properly set up nitrous system will cost way more then just the basic kit you order.. TUNE, fuel pump, gauge, bottle heater, spare bottle, widow switch etc etc.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
Maybe a better question is does anyone offer a timing controller for the new LT1?
We do not recommend that you run any car on nitrous without a tune. But you are in luck on the timing controller. The LNC-2014 is made specifically for these vehicles. We don't have them listed on our website yet but you can call an order one up. We have them in stock and ready to ship. They are $399.95
Old 03-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definitely recommend getting a tune with the nitrous so that away you know that you're covered when you spray.

-Chris

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous without a tune