Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enough pump for 460rwhp and 150 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Enough pump for 460rwhp and 150 shot?

So I'm driving myself nuts with this question since I'm trying to be cost effective. I have a 98 Z28 so luckily I don't have to worry about the fuel bucket. I was very interested in the Racetronix drop in kit but that kit seems to be only recommended up to 600 rwhp. I know I'll start conservatively with a 75 shot but am trying to make the best decision on the cheapest way to get some more leeway up to about 650rwhp. Most of the searching I've done in the Fueling subforum are related to FI but I have to imagine nitrous is less stressful on a pump.

Can the Racetronix kit (possibly with a BAP) get me the leeway I want or do I need to consider a larger pump/w regulator altogether? The kit with the hotwire option is about 250$. It seems I can get a larger pump and regulator for around the same cost but I'm trying to only buy ONE part- just a pump. And the external fuel cells while tempting don't seem to be cost effective for the extra 50rwhp or so I'm trying to get. Help me make a choice here?

The shot would be progressively controlled but I don't know how much that would help with making sure I don't stress the pump.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Whisper
So I'm driving myself nuts with this question since I'm trying to be cost effective. I have a 98 Z28 so luckily I don't have to worry about the fuel bucket. I was very interested in the Racetronix drop in kit but that kit seems to be only recommended up to 600 rwhp. I know I'll start conservatively with a 75 shot but am trying to make the best decision on the cheapest way to get some more leeway up to about 650rwhp. Most of the searching I've done in the Fueling subforum are related to FI but I have to imagine nitrous is less stressful on a pump.

Can the Racetronix kit (possibly with a BAP) get me the leeway I want or do I need to consider a larger pump/w regulator altogether? The kit with the hotwire option is about 250$. It seems I can get a larger pump and regulator for around the same cost but I'm trying to only buy ONE part- just a pump. And the external fuel cells while tempting don't seem to be cost effective for the extra 50rwhp or so I'm trying to get. Help me make a choice here?

The shot would be progressively controlled but I don't know how much that would help with making sure I don't stress the pump.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...l#post19233629

If you keep shopping for opinions eventually someone will tell you what you want to hear...

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-27-2016, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im running an upgraded in tank pump 255lph... then going standalone fuel system when i spray the car, with a higher grade fuel in the standalone tank. I know thats not what you want to do, But it will ensure perfect fuel pressure to hold that motor together

Quick Reply: Enough pump for 460rwhp and 150 shot?