Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nos, Dry system with Methanol injection

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nos, Dry system with Methanol injection

I come to this forum a lot for technical info. I have a LeMans limited edition Vette and lots of smiles with it. Also I own and operate a Motorcycle Land Speed Race team, and I'm a former roadracer.

I race motorcycles and come here for advise, seems that my searching always leads here, anyway hope you don't mind a two wheeler here.

Anyway what prompted me to join today is for info, tech and real world experience advice for running a big shot of nitrous, adding fuel with the bottom injectors, then topping off with Methanol injection to the intake runners before the air box .

I already run Nos about a 50 shot and I want to safely bump up to 100-150.
I inject Nos directly into , over the top of the velocity stack. I add fuel with the OEM injectors, tuned with a power commander. OEM is two injectors per cylinder, and I add fuel with lower injectors, top injectors turn on about 8000 RMPs. I run C16 and tune to 12.8-1 with and without Nos. -5 degree timing on Nos

With a bigger shot of Nos 100-150 I worry about detonation and meltdown, so I want to add methanol injection to the two intake runners going into the air box, 100% methanol to help cool the intake charge, to help prevent destruction. Any tips, advice, and personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Like should I mix meth with water, how much meth, run richer than 12.8, anyone done this ? does it help?

I already know its risky, a fellow racer burned up two engines with a 60 shot, but I think she ran on the rev limiter too long too often, and did not retard timing.

BTW the goal is 250 MPH on two Hayabusas and One BMW S1000. We currently run 216 MPH on the BMW and 226 MPH on one of the Busas.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by Alter-ego; 04-25-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Nos, Dry system with Methanol injection