Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone fuel system questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand alone fuel system questions.

I have a 2005 GTO with a Nitrous Outlet plate kit with an NOS Mini and an LNC-2000. I've been spraying 150-175 shot with pump gas 91 octane (100%). I've been thinking about running a stand alone setup under the hood or in the trunk but I have one concern.

With a stand alone setup and running race gas or some sort of other fuel, I'll obviously have to tune for this correct? I'm currently tuned as I'm setup right now with 91 and I manually take away timing via LNC-2000. Is there another way around this? I really don't want to screw with loading 2 different tunes all the time. That's why I setup my car with the LNC-2000 in the first place, so I wouldn't need a N/A tune and a Nitrous tune. What are you guys doing to go around this hurdle?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Shawn,
The fuel for your motor will still come from the main tank, so you won't need to change anything in the ecu. The only tuning you will need to do is via the jets in your system(air/fuel) and the lnc-2000(spark). Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
Old 04-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, I figured the whole tune would be shot since instead of having (I'm my case) 91 going through the injectors and going through the plate that would mess up things tune wise? I guess I'm over thinking it?
Old 04-10-2017, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Not at all- the amount of fuel being sprayed with the nitrous is very minute compared to what is going into the engine on a shot that size. The extra octane of the race gas only helps to prevent detonation under the raised cylinder temp and pressure from the nitrous, and won't affect the motor tune at all.

Quick Reply: Stand alone fuel system questions.