Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dedicated fuel system required??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dedicated fuel system required??

Question. At what point is a dedicated fuel system required. I have an aeromotive eliminator fuel system (in tank stated to support 1400hp) running 110 octane fuel. i also plan to pick up a direct port. Being new to efi and nitrous, my simple question is; with a max of "300 shot" and 1000whp is a dedicated fuel system necessary whilst already running good fuel and a hefty pump? Thanks for helping out a newb here
Old 06-02-2017, 08:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it necessary? hard to say but does it make a peace of mind sure does. I went to it when I went 200 and above for a safer tuning window. pump gas in tank and then race fuel in stand alone. Some guys see a pressure drop when they hit a large shot of nitrous and depending on your pump how quick it recovers. Never really an issue maybe on 150 shots but the bigger shots yes. Just remember what's stated to support changes from a lot of factors. Length of line, size of line, return line, how many curved fittings (all slow down flow) Aeromotive tech is pretty good at explaining all that. and that's why I had a stand alone. but I'm E85 all around and run a triple hat system but with 2 pumps.

Quick Reply: Dedicated fuel system required??