Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking a Cam for Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picking a Cam for Nitrous

Hey everyone, I tried searching through multiple forums and google, but there are a lot of people saying different things when it comes to a cam for nitrous.

I'll start off by saying my current build isn't going to be anything too crazy. Right now the plan is to run long tubes (which I already have), a full length true dual exhaust (saving up for), 243 heads (already have, awaiting to be cleaned up, machined, and rebuilt), cam (trying to figure that out), intake (most likely an LS6, at this point), and a 50 shot of nitrous, to start out.

The current cam I have in mind, and have had my mind set on for a while, is the Speed Inc SI5 cam, specs 231/237, .589/.595 112 LSA. Now that I'm thinking about nitrous, I'm wondering if that cam will be okay. A buddy at work said a cam with a lower LSA would be better, and looking at other threads about nitrous cams that seems about right, but I also saw that LSA doesn't do a whole lot until you're in the 200 shot range, which I probably won't get to, not on a stock bottom end, anyway. I saw in a thread that a 112 LSA cam would be fine for smaller shots of nitrous. So, would that cam be okay, or should I start looking for another cam?
Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

With anything under the 200-250 shot range just get you favorite n/a cam. No need for a nitrous speced cam whatsoever
Old 08-23-2017, 12:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default NOS Cam for a D/D

Hi Ray, Many will state N20 likes much greater Exhaust Duration than Intake Duration. 232/246 .589"/.553" with a 116 C/L.

A good Day Driver camshaft AND great for NOS.

I would use PSI 1511ML springs. (a GN West choice)
I could supply this Crower Camshaft?

Lance

Quick Reply: Picking a Cam for Nitrous