Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching from Nitrous Outlet hard lines to braided?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 12:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Switching from Nitrous Outlet hard lines to braided?

Hey guys,

I have a quick question regarding my Nitrous Outlet Plate kit...

I originally purchased a nitrous outlet 78mm plate kit when I still had an LS6 intake. I upgraded to a FAST 92 setup and purchased a nitrous outlet 92mm plate to go along with it.

The hard lines from fuel rail to solenoid and from solenoids to plate were always a bit difficult to maneuver with the LS6 but when I switched to the FAST 92 they are really a pain. I'm a bit concerned with the tension and pressure I've put on them to tighten them properly. Last night while hot I decided to make a jet change at the track and the fuel line bent significantly when I pulled it off. Granted I only loosened it at plate and tried to slide it to the side to pull the jet out rather than loosen all connections to make it easier but I was trying to make a quick change and get back to staging lanes.

My questions are...

Are the hard lines included in the 92mm kit from Nitrous outlet different from the ones included in the 78mm kit... Meaning are they intake specific?

Can I just have three braided flexible lines made to replace these hard lines and is there a draw back to doing that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by allblackedout5
Hey guys,

I have a quick question regarding my Nitrous Outlet Plate kit...

I originally purchased a nitrous outlet 78mm plate kit when I still had an LS6 intake. I upgraded to a FAST 92 setup and purchased a nitrous outlet 92mm plate to go along with it.

The hard lines from fuel rail to solenoid and from solenoids to plate were always a bit difficult to maneuver with the LS6 but when I switched to the FAST 92 they are really a pain. I'm a bit concerned with the tension and pressure I've put on them to tighten them properly. Last night while hot I decided to make a jet change at the track and the fuel line bent significantly when I pulled it off. Granted I only loosened it at plate and tried to slide it to the side to pull the jet out rather than loosen all connections to make it easier but I was trying to make a quick change and get back to staging lanes.

My questions are...

Are the hard lines included in the 92mm kit from Nitrous outlet different from the ones included in the 78mm kit... Meaning are they intake specific?

Can I just have three braided flexible lines made to replace these hard lines and is there a draw back to doing that?

Thanks in advance.
Yes the hard lines AND solenoid brackets are specific to the intake you're running. There is no drawback to running braided hoses. Just make sure you get the right ones. You need a 4an-3an "race" hose on the nitrous side. We can make you custom lines. Just give us a call. You will need solenoid outlet fittings as well.

Quick Reply: Switching from Nitrous Outlet hard lines to braided?