Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW MicroEdge+ Controller - Outdated?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HSW MicroEdge+ Controller - Outdated?

Bought a nitrous kit few years ago that included a Harris Speed Works MicroEdge+ (Plus) controller, about as much info as I can find is this controller came out in the late 2000s before HSW closed up.

I've yet to use it, but local seller has a Leash N2O controller for $300, has there been some big improvements in controllers since the release of the MicroEdge?

I'll be running a single stage (progressive) setup, 200 shot along with LNC-2000 timing retard controller.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There has really been no improvements in controllers since the micro edge plus in my opinion. Seems a lot of people have trouble wiring it but it's no different than any other controller with the same amount of features. It's easy to use and more features than needed.

Are tou sure its the plus? Early microedges didn't have the ability to progress the stages the later ones could but used a separate module from the controller to drive the noids. From memory there's 4 thin wires and 3 heavy gauge wires on the separate module. Also a couple led's on it. If the microedges controller is new enough to support the progressive but you don't have the module I think it's possible to still use the progressive feature using a solid state relay to control the noids. I've got everything here to test that but just haven't had the need yet. I've also got all the instructions saved for the microedge, microedge+ and the interface if you need them.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost positive it is the + as it has a little "box" with some wires coming off from it that is separate from the main controller. This is what I have below:

Old 12-29-2018, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yup that little module on the right it what makes it the plus as long as the microedge has the new enough software. I believe that module is just potted solid state relays but am not sure and will test it someday. I've used a nos mini and a few of these microedges and have buying every microedge I can find because of how simple the layout and function of the controller is.

HSW's interface is actually a pretty nice piece also giving you some extra features for pulling timing and adding fuel if needed. It's basically a fancy iat and maf tricker
Old 01-04-2019, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by epix
Bought a nitrous kit few years ago that included a Harris Speed Works MicroEdge+ (Plus) controller, about as much info as I can find is this controller came out in the late 2000s before HSW closed up.

I've yet to use it, but local seller has a Leash N2O controller for $300, has there been some big improvements in controllers since the release of the MicroEdge?

I'll be running a single stage (progressive) setup, 200 shot along with LNC-2000 timing retard controller.
I just bought the Nitrous Outlet Promax controller w/ touchscreen. I'd say it's a slight improvement!