Sponsored by:

Strange fueling issue...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange fueling issue...

Ok, here goes:
I have a 2002 WS6. I recently installed a N20 Outlet 78 mm LS plate system. It is installed exactly how the instructions stated. I also upgraded the fuel pump to a Racetronix 255 with hot wire kit. System also has a N20 Outlet window switch, bottle heater, etc. Pressure is set to 975 psi

On the dyno, we started with the .52 nitrous jet and .28 fuel jet (reccomended 100hp jets). We ran on the lean side. We then switched to the .35 fuel jet. With the .35 we started fine, then halfway through the pull she started heading rich. Bottle was full and only had two 5 second pulls before the pull with the .35 jet.

I have added photos of the dyno chart. Anyone have any ideas here? Just trying to get this system running optimum.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The horse power number doesn't seem high enough to be running out of fuel pump but the afr indicates it's not maintaining pressure. A fuel pressure gauge is a must if your going to be spraying fairly regularly. I personally would drop the bottle pressure to 800-850 (easier to maintain, put the 28 jet back in and see where aft levels out.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawnm6651

Ok, here goes:
I have a 2002 WS6. I recently installed a N20 Outlet 78 mm LS plate system. It is installed exactly how the instructions stated. I also upgraded the fuel pump to a Racetronix 255 with hot wire kit. System also has a N20 Outlet window switch, bottle heater, etc. Pressure is set to 975 psi

On the dyno, we started with the .52 nitrous jet and .28 fuel jet (reccomended 100hp jets). We ran on the lean side. We then switched to the .35 fuel jet. With the .35 we started fine, then halfway through the pull she started heading rich. Bottle was full and only had two 5 second pulls before the pull with the .35 jet.

I have added photos of the dyno chart. Anyone have any ideas here? Just trying to get this system running optimum.

Thanks.
If you use our recommended jetting, and it runs lean, you're running into a fuel supply issue. No if, and's, or but's about it. That jetting should ONLY land you rich. If it's ever anything other than rich, its a fuel supply issue. Looking at your dyno run, you've got a really big jet in it to compensate for it being lean early. But then, your fuel system catches up and drives the whole thing super rich.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
If you use our recommended jetting, and it runs lean, you're running into a fuel supply issue. No if, and's, or but's about it. That jetting should ONLY land you rich. If it's ever anything other than rich, its a fuel supply issue. Looking at your dyno run, you've got a really big jet in it to compensate for it being lean early. But then, your fuel system catches up and drives the whole thing super rich.
Brandon, I am no nitrous pro. Totally new to this. I just don't understand how I could be having a fueling issue. Pressure is dead on @ 62psi, fuel pump is brand new. Pressure held @ 62 PSI entire pull. I posted about this in another forum and a gentleman told me something about "dead heading" a solenoid. I will find and post what he said.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Brandon,

This guy basically said this was typical with these systems. This is his statement:

Pretty typical situation for a dead head fuel feed off a high pressure fuel system. You have a flow issue on the fuel side. Lean spikes at activation when the fuel system goes turbulent...then goes rich when the fuel flow stabilizes.

I am not dropping another $800+ on a stand alone fuel system for a car that will only see a 100 shot. I love the build quality of the N20 system, which is why i chose this system.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Teching In

More of that conversation:

I am talking WOT fuel pressure. That is the operating fuel pressure. When you dead head a small jet like that at 40-60 psi....it hammers and fuel pressure does to. While this,is going on...it's enrichment is all over the place...once the pressure recovers...the tune goes rich.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
Brandon,

I ran into this on another thread. Does this seem like it would help with my issue?