Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pressure on 8 Stack

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure on 8 Stack

I have run nitrous previously but not on an injected motor. I am setting up direct port on an 8 stack and have a fuel pressure question. Can I tee in to the fuel feed line which is around 60 PSi and send it directly to the fuel solenoid or do i tee it in to a deadhead regulator and feed less pressure to the solenoid? Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-12-2020, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have used nitrous previously, then you should be aware that the fuel pressure to the fuel solenoid should be around 6 psi, give or take. That being said, I would think that 60 psi directly to the fuel solenoid would be a no. What fuel pump are you using? What pressure/flow is it rated for? I would think if you have enough pump to supply the engine and the nitrous, then teeing into the main line could work. You'll need another regulator to drop the pressure from 60 to 6, like a holley 12-880. Just my .02
Old 08-13-2020, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Yes you can run 60psi directly to the fuel solenoid. Done it many times as have others. Most people, including myself run it off the factory fuel rail.

You just need to make sure you are using the correct jet sizes for that psi of fuel pressure.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Yes you can run 60psi directly to the fuel solenoid. Done it many times as have others. Most people, including myself run it off the factory fuel rail.

You just need to make sure you are using the correct jet sizes for that psi of fuel pressure.
Well now, that makes perfect sense. Everything I've seen always says to run 5.5-6 psi. I see now that there are charts for fuel jet size vs fuel pressure. Thanks for the lesson.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure on 8 Stack