Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 LS6 with Nitrous Express 150 shot - how to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 LS6 with Nitrous Express 150 shot - how to remove?

I purchased a C5 Z06 with the LS6 and a Nitrous Express 150 shot NOS system.

The Corvette runs great and has other modifications (intake, full exhaust, launch controller, a tune—a mechanic hooked it up to HP Tuners and verified this) and I’ve never ran the NOS system.

I’d like to remove the NOS system in its entirety and the NOS control panel in the dash, the bottle and all the lines.

Is that relatively simple, just get the instructions and go in reverse?

I don’t have any original parts that may have been removed or modified, so could that be an issue?

If so, what parts may I need to replace?

With the current tune, it runs awesome! Will taking the physical NOS system parts out of my Corvette change how the Corvette currently performs?

Again, I’ve never unused the NOS—the bottle has been removed/empty for years.

If I don’t plan on ever using the NOS system, should I get a new tune, change timing, etc.?

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-02-2024, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 230 Likes on 160 Posts

By launch controller, I assume it has a lingenfelter box on it which pulls the timing.

Uninstalling the kit should have no effect on the tune if this is the case. The only tricky unwiring issues may come up with the lingenfelter box itself depending on where it gets the tach signal and tps signal from. You will have to trace that.

Some people tap the tps from around the gas pedal, some around the throttle body.. Some tap the tach signal from the coils on the motor, some tap them from by the pcm or under the dash.
Old 07-02-2024, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02EBC5Z06
By launch controller, I assume it has a lingenfelter box on it which pulls the timing.

Uninstalling the kit should have no effect on the tune if this is the case. The only tricky unwiring issues may come up with the lingenfelter box itself depending on where it gets the tach signal and tps signal from. You will have to trace that.

Some people tap the tps from around the gas pedal, some around the throttle body.. Some tap the tach signal from the coils on the motor, some tap them from by the pcm or under the dash.
Thank you for your insightful reply. I will carefully follow all the wiring from the Lingenfelter Launch controller—and likely post another update with photos.

Quick Reply: C5 LS6 with Nitrous Express 150 shot - how to remove?