Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Step

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 Step

Ok how does a 2 step work does it cut fuel? Ok if it does what about when you have nitrous. I would like to have one on my car so i can launch at the same RPM every time. what i would do is have it on a tps and then have it were it activates when i let out on the break. But is it good to be cuting fuel then spray a 200 shot right after that.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

The only available two step made for the LS1 that I am aware of is made by Harlen. It cuts spark not fuel. You can not use the Harlen two step if you have cats due to the excess unburned fuel that will be blown out the exhaust valve.

The two step has a built in ground wire that is only activated when the two step is actively limiting rpm. You can use that in conjunction with a relay to disable the nitrous while the two step is active. As soon as the two step is deactivated the relay will activate the nitrous and fuel solenoids.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you for the help on that i was told by some one it cut fuel.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

launching off the spray with the 2 step is awsome. be sure to check your pants afterwards.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
The only available two step made for the LS1 that I am aware of is made by Harlen. It cuts spark not fuel. You can not use the Harlen two step if you have cats due to the excess unburned fuel that will be blown out the exhaust valve.

The two step has a built in ground wire that is only activated when the two step is actively limiting rpm. You can use that in conjunction with a relay to disable the nitrous while the two step is active. As soon as the two step is deactivated the relay will activate the nitrous and fuel solenoids.

yup, I've installed one of these. The white and grey are for activating and releasing (forgot which ones which). There's the yellow wire that you can use to activate either a light (to show if the system is active) or for the NO2
Old 08-31-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pants are just fine. I launch 150 shot out of hole, T-brake and 2-step. With a 4800 stall I set my 2step at 4500. When I release the T-brake the 2-step deactivates, the nitrous is release and off you go.

Best 60' so far on just a 150 shot is 1.40

The set up as stated above. I used it on the M6 before switching to the TH400. Had it set up through my cruise control release button (release the clutch-release the 2-step - worked great).

David