Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous bottle EXP date??????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous bottle EXP date??????????

Went to a new place to get my bottle filled today so I could spray my new set up and the jerk tells me that my bottle is Expired 9/98 and that I would have to have it Hydroed before he would fill it. Words where said and now I can't ever go back...but anyway has this happened to anyone else or was this guy a jerk????? I mean it is 9/98 and its Sept....he could have squeaked me by this month yet right?

I just moved so I found a closer place to fill my bottle, now it looks like I am going to have to take the long haul in the AM to my old filler guy. Just makes me really upset...

How many years is the bottle good for and where can I get it Hydroed and how much does it cost?

Thanks
Old 09-16-2004, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bottles are good for 5 years from the mfg date or recerticication date. ( which means yours is a year overdue) The problem is if you were ever to get into an accident or if a cop just wanted to bust your *****, the filler would be the one who gets fined.

Its not a big deal to get them recertified. Most industrial gas supply places can do it, and its usually under $30.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
Bottles are good for 5 years from the mfg date or recerticication date. ( which means yours is a year overdue) The problem is if you were ever to get into an accident or if a cop just wanted to bust your *****, the filler would be the one who gets fined.

Its not a big deal to get them recertified. Most industrial gas supply places can do it, and its usually under $30.
See I thought he said six years....I guess I was so fustrated I didn't notice. My other place will fill it. I want to run a bottle through with my new set up and then they can test it all they want..
Old 09-16-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polish your bottle and there won't be a date stamp.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

You should never polish a bottle to wear the numbers get removed. This would greatly reduce the thickness of the bottle making for a huge problem.
If you want a polished bottle you should purchase directly from a nitrous company. They have been hydro tested after polishing to make sure the pass spec. To re hydro a bottle should cost around 14.00 depending on bottle size.
Ricky

Originally Posted by juiSSed1172
Polish your bottle and there won't be a date stamp.

Quick Reply: Nitrous bottle EXP date??????????