Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous question

I want to put nitrous on my truck. i have a 03 gmc 5.3, 3.73. i have the intake and cat-back, 180 thermo, and t/b spacer, and programmer. so if i get the NX kit and do a 100 shot, what else should i do to my truck performence wise? i will get rid of that programmer and get the nelson tune for timing and what not, and ill get the transgo shift kit to help the tranny. but is there anything else that i will NEED/have to have so i dont mess anything up on my truck? and how much will a MAF sensor help?

Last edited by jboomer; 10-15-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would leave your mass air flow alone, theres not much performance you will gain... especially from a pretty much stock motor. With the nitrous, a 100 shot will be fine. I have been threw a few bottles with a 125 shot and a nelson tune, and everything is working good. For extra insurance you may want to invest in a window switch, which will let you set a pre-determined RPM for your nitrous to activate, and deactivate. I think you will be fine without one. Just hit the spray at or above 3000 RPMs and you will be fine. Some nice accessories would be a bottle warmer and gauge. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Deckhand
I would leave your mass air flow alone, theres not much performance you will gain... especially from a pretty much stock motor. With the nitrous, a 100 shot will be fine. I have been threw a few bottles with a 125 shot and a nelson tune, and everything is working good. For extra insurance you may want to invest in a window switch, which will let you set a pre-determined RPM for your nitrous to activate, and deactivate. I think you will be fine without one. Just hit the spray at or above 3000 RPMs and you will be fine. Some nice accessories would be a bottle warmer and gauge. Good luck.
ya, these are to two kits im lookin at. does it look like a good price?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 10-15-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm, id call nitro-daves, or maybe he'll chime in and help you set up this system.

He sent me my stuff, and he gives quick service, and good help if you need it.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Teching In

nitro-dave where are u?
Old 10-25-2004, 03:00 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

I have an NX kit, but whatever kit you go with make sure you get a warmer, it makes a world of difference. If you don't buy the automatic warmer, get a nitrous pressure gauge so you know when to turn it off. I would also get some sort of logging software to make sure everything is okay. I jetted my shot rich (125 fuel jet, 100 nitrous jet) just to be safe and I'm running 12.5:1 A/F ratio. Deckhand is correct about the window switch, it's an added convenience but you don't absolutely need it, you can just hit the switch on and off before and after the shifts. I spray right through my shifts and I've gone through a couple of bottles already. I have a Transgo shift kit, B&M cooler and a 3200 stall.
Oh yea, the instructions will tell you to start out with the smallest shot but you won't feel a 50 shot at all. I didn't even think it was working when I sprayed that shot. Even the 75 shot was questionable, but I did feel something.
Then when I hit the 100 shot...HOLY **** BATMAN! I haven't gotten around to sprayin a 125 shot yet, but as it is I'm chirping the tires on the 1-2 shift with DRs