Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous question....can't find an answer

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous question....can't find an answer

I've got a question regarding the MAF style systems like the NX Gemini. On a f-body and vette the MAF meters are right inline and in close proximity to the tb and on my S10 im having to come out of the tb with a 90 degree 4" rubber duct tapered down to a 3.5" to the MAF, i don't know yet if im going to be able to mount it directly to this boot or maybe have a little bit of space away from it for clearance. Would the MAF being further away from the intake effect anything negatively with the nitrous system? I think at the most i might be adding 12-16" of distance from the tb to the MAF. I don't really think im going to have enough clearance to run something like a power ring right off the tb because the 90 boot might hit the core support so its either this or the expense of a multi port fogger, which i'll have to wait until around next year to get. Plus, i really don't need a fogger because i'll probably never squeeze more than a 200 shot...i really won't need anymore than that. The only reason i ask is im still a newbie to EFI nitrous systems and all the setups i see are always as close to the intake as possible, except for Dave's Halo system. So does anyone see anything wrong with mounting it further away from the tb than whats the norm?
Old 11-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Teching In

I have a single nozzle system in an ell between the MAF and the TB on a 99 Cobra. Moving the MAF will not hurt anything if you don't change the air flow enough to change the meter calibration. Many of my Mustang buddies have moved their MAF to the fender well with no problems.

Mine works great on a 150 shot.

Joe
Old 11-15-2004, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Right is is fine.Basically like a LT1.You could use the maff kit or single fogger nozzle.This will work fine.And if you do not plan on spraying more than 200 save your self the headache.No need in a direct port.
Dave
Old 11-15-2004, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies guys, i really don't plan on going over a 200 shot anyway and im interested in either a single fogger or a MAF kit. Probably a MAF because i've already screwed up and ported my stock MAF before finding out that its a bad thing to do.