Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004 | 12:27 AM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

1.34 was what it was on that pass. here is the slip for ya atv
Attached Thumbnails 200-300 shot?-slip.jpeg  
Old 12-21-2004 | 12:36 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 68maro
went 8.86 on a 350-375 shot. left on a 500 and lifted at the 330 cuz they already got on me for no liscence butwe'll say the 330 on that pass was a good bit quicker than the 330 on the 8.86 pass
Damn! I thought I was generous with the spray to my motor. Nice!
Old 12-21-2004 | 06:12 AM
9 Second Club

124 in the 1/8
Old 12-21-2004 | 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Well you got some fairly accurate responses but none were correct. First I would say the only way to know 100% for sure if your fuel system will support a 200 or even 300 HP shot is to put it on the dyno with a A/F and a read the fuel pressure directly at the rails. Personally I would say if you have stock injectors and only a 255 pump you won't have enough fuel. I run a 300 shot on my 408 set up with more compresson than you have and I run a Walbro 340 intank pump, a Aeromotive Tsunami external pump and SVO 40Lb injectors with dual N20 and fuel noids. I keep the A/F at 11.8/1 minimum or just alittle richer depending on what jets I'm running. I'm getting ready to throw a 450 to 500 HP shot at it and I'm going with a stand alone fuel system just to support the N20. Again to be sure put it on the dyno.

You're suggesting he "give it a shot" on the dyno to see if he'll lean down and burn a piston or worse? I think this is horrible advice.

I would suggest that if you're going to bother with the dyno that you make sure it's an "eddy current" dyno (Mustang,etc.) so that you can get a good idea of what your AF will be under load.Otherwise the information you gather will be hard to translate directly to your tune for the track.

His injectors if stock are probably maxed out at this point. However this will have no bearing on him sprayin 200+ as he is using a wet shot.His pump and lack of an FPR are more of a concern in my opinion.

I'll go out on a limb here and tell this original poster that his single in-tank is NOT going to feed a 200+ shot on top of his already hungry motor. Putting it on a dyno and running it to see what happens is bad news.

Upgrade your fuel *system*.THEN work your way up slowly to your desired power levels while looking at your plugs,logging and using a wideband 02 if possible.
Old 12-21-2004 | 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just for a similar setup comparison, Speed Inc is installing my 408ci, TH400 and a ring system 200 shot.
I went with their fuel package 1; larger fuel lines, rails, pump, FPR, filter, etc

I have 42# injectors

NA I hope to be above 450rwhp, 650ish with spray through the 12bolt and TH400
Old 12-21-2004 | 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Dude you can read anything you want into what I posted. I never said "give it a shot". I believe I said put it on the dyno and read the A/F and fuel pressure, that is assuming of course that he has installed the correct sized jetts. I think your post was horrible.

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
You're suggesting he "give it a shot" on the dyno to see if he'll lean down and burn a piston or worse? I think this is horrible advice.

I would suggest that if you're going to bother with the dyno that you make sure it's an "eddy current" dyno (Mustang,etc.) so that you can get a good idea of what your AF will be under load.Otherwise the information you gather will be hard to translate directly to your tune for the track.

His injectors if stock are probably maxed out at this point. However this will have no bearing on him sprayin 200+ as he is using a wet shot.His pump and lack of an FPR are more of a concern in my opinion.

I'll go out on a limb here and tell this original poster that his single in-tank is NOT going to feed a 200+ shot on top of his already hungry motor. Putting it on a dyno and running it to see what happens is bad news.

Upgrade your fuel *system*.THEN work your way up slowly to your desired power levels while looking at your plugs,logging and using a wideband 02 if possible.
Old 12-21-2004 | 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Easy guys. Obviously he needs to be certain his fuel system will be up to par. He only asked if a 200-300 shot would be ok on his combo...its tough to answer with that info.
Orange Crush...I would suggest you look at your goals a little differently than just saying will a 200-300 shot be safe. Look at if from the standpoint of...what will be my limiting factors on spray as HP increases?

Two things that come to mind are
1) fuel system limits
2) type of nitrous kit?
single stage wet down the intake?
single stage dry?
dry wet combo?
direct port?
Each setup will have different limits. I personally will not spray more than a 200 or so down the intake wet. Maybe a little more if your activation rpm is a bit higher than a 3000 rpm starting point or if you break it up into more stages. For your setup a direct port would be nice...or a dry/wet dual stage.

I have personally made 707 rwhp on a single walbro 255 lph pump with a hotwire kit. I have since added a voltage blaster. I think a walbro 255 with hotwire kit and something like the KB BAP that you would be very safe at 700-750 rwhp. Any more And I would redo the entire fuel system...or go stand alone for the nitrous kit with a seperate tank,pump, and regulator up front.

So what are your TOTAL hp goals, and what type of kit/setup are you looking to do?
Old 12-21-2004 | 12:10 PM
On The Tree

I want to get into the 9's, and make ungodly power.
Old 12-21-2004 | 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Orange Crush 408
I want to get into the 9's, and make ungodly power.

lol...ok. What total HP is ungodly power? I havnet seen a proven fuel setup yet to match the power range of "ungodly"

Hell...with the setup you have I think a 200 shot should get you in the 9s if the chassi/tires/tranny are working good. Lots of options then.
Old 12-21-2004 | 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

What kind of HP do you make NA? Your set up is pretty close to mine and I run low 9's so I would think you ought to close.
Old 12-21-2004 | 04:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
Thats why I ordered a Mustang instead of a Dynojet.

It all depneds on how you want to push it.
125-250 shot I would run atleast 110 mixed "To be safe" 250 or more I would then go with a 116 over 110 because technically you are supposed to run 116 with anything over 250.

Fuel supply, I have sprayed 200 at a stock intank for almost a whole season. Wouldnt recommend it.

If your looking to spray that much, I would invest in a fogger for a few reasons. 1. It allows you to tune your jetting per cylinder 2. You run a stand alone fuel system, which now takes all the pressure off the stock system from supplying your kit with the right amount of fuel.

Timing, I would also get a timing retard control to adjust for the correct amount of spray.

I own a 97 Z with a stock LT1 with a Nitrous cut cam and mild heads, has a STOCK 4L60E with a shift kit, 3400 Converter and a 10 bolt with a aurburn posi, Motive gear and TA Girtle. I cut consistant 1.44s-.45s and I went consitant 10.60s with a 200 shot on the fogger and 10.40s with a 250 shot. Dont forget I said Stock bottom end.

You could hit it with a dual stage but you best have the killer fuel setup in there. Best intank and a good inline.

Do like cheatin chad said, find someone with a Mustang Dyno with the Eddie current on it. If your gonna go dynojet its a waste, it doesnt put the load on a engine that you will feel above 80 mph. People are all into seeing high HP/TQ numbers on this board, they dont do anything, its the ET/MPH that count and a mustang dyno will get you that, with its Real Road Simulation.
Old 12-22-2004 | 07:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Dude you can read anything you want into what I posted. I never said "give it a shot". I believe I said put it on the dyno and read the A/F and fuel pressure, that is assuming of course that he has installed the correct sized jetts. I think your post was horrible.
It is alright Mark. Some people are just dumb. Mark has a stock fuel system except a intake pump with a helper pump and his car went 9.23@150. I am the one that put his car on the dyno and "gave it a shoot". Sure enough we had to do some changes but everything is all ok as long as you know what you are doing on the dyno. That a/f reader is pretty accurate and reacts very quickly. If it is to lean get out of it. If it way lean you didn't do your job right the first time and you shouldn't be working on a car that has a 300 shot of nitrous. IMO
Old 12-23-2004 | 12:17 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by StraightlineInc
People are all into seeing high HP/TQ numbers on this board, they dont do anything, its the ET/MPH that count and a mustang dyno will get you that, with its Real Road Simulation.
Old 12-23-2004 | 10:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mongse
Old 12-24-2004 | 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys, that is a lot of great info. I have to sell the car to fund a business venture, now . if any one is intereted, it is in the classifieds.
Old 12-25-2004 | 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well you got some fairly accurate responses but none were correct. First I would say the only way to know 100% for sure if your fuel system will support a 200 or even 300 HP shot is to put it on the dyno with a A/F and a read the fuel pressure directly at the rails. Personally I would say if you have stock injectors and only a 255 pump you won't have enough fuel
I agree 100%

200 shot will probably be ok, but like he said a/f at a dyno!

PS- The other problem I see in your sig is "FOR SALE"