Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

150 Shot!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 150 Shot!!!

I am waiting for my car back from the shop and once i get it back i wanna do soemthing on it. Have been saving a bit and am now ready to go. I will probably later on do a turbo, but for now, i just want the power. So i am thinking nitrous is the answer. I will be ordering me a moser 12-bolt, with 3.73's and so my questions are as follows. I also wanna run a 150 shot.

1. What nitrous kit would be a good one?
2. Will a Cam setup for a turbo also help a nitrous system a bit more than stock or vice versa?
3. Any modifications i need to know of for the 150 shot(other than the timing tuner im gonna buy for it)?

Any other pertinant information would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a 150 shot,always a good idea to up the fuel pump size.
As long as your going to a turbo,your going to need more fuel anyways.
NGK TR6 plugs gapped around .035.
I have a NX kit and am very happy it. But i pieced mine together . I upgraded my original NOS dry kit (Gotta love the 5177 kit).
I would recommend a Window switch set-up for you,being a M6. It's not that important for my A4.
Good luck.
Dave
Old 02-04-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Doesnt the timing tuner retard timing and work as a window switch?
I kinda wanted to keep this to bolt-ons, without having to get it tuned. How much timing do i pull on a 150 shot and do i need tuning with a new fuel pump?
Old 02-04-2005, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you haven't already read this thread, about half way into it there's discussion over timing...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/270379-nitrous-pros-cons.html
Old 02-04-2005, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had no issues with the stock timing and my RWHP 150 shot.
The timing tuner is not a window switch for a nitrous system.
I don't think retuning is required for a fuel pump upgrade.
I have a new 255 lph in-tank pump sitting here waiting,along with a new set of Z06 injectors in a fuel rail.

I want to tune the car on a dyno before putting the bigger injectors and pump in,but if adding only a pump i don't think tuning is neccesary.

A window switch is for the on and off rpm of the nitrous system ,i don't think any timing tuner does that.

Just don't spray your car with the stock plugs in it.
Nitrous and Platinum don't play well together!!!!

Dave
Old 02-04-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

YEs the "timing tuner" box works as a window switch as well. That's what I use.
I would also say plugs are a must (TR6's are Great. Autolite 103 or 104 one of the two is a match for a NGK TR6 if you cant find any NGK's local)
Bottle heater/pressure guage
Fuel pump would be a good idea for safety
Yes they have very nice/nitrous cames out there. How they work on Turbo cars I dont know. They would probably be ok but with a turbo you might want to change some things up.
As far as what brand kits. I like the good ole NX single nozzle kits(WET kit). But there are MANY good one's to choose from. If you choose to go dry like so many on here will recommend then you need to look into injectors/tuning also.
The rule of thumb is some where around 1* of timing for every 50HP shot of nitrous. So that woud tell you pull 3* for a 150 shot. But I will also say stock timing on a 150 shot you shoud be just fine. Unless you car runs a little lean for whatever reason. Make sure you atleast always run good 93 octane fuel. If you want to pull a couple degrees of timing on the 150 shot your only going to be safer. It wont hold you back much unless you pull more than that out of it. I pull 3* on the 150 shot, but my car is tuned a little leaner than stock.

Last edited by Tim 98z; 02-04-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

I thoguht the timing tuner was used for a window switch also.
So here is what i think im gonna do. Either TNT or NX wet kit with a 150 shot and a timing tuner. Change my plugs and wires. New 255 lph fuel pump and then pull 3 degrees of timing. Any more ideas would be grealty appreciated, oh and a nice nitrous cam, any ideas on that one?

Quick Reply: 150 Shot!!!