Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Nitrous Units...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say hit that Slobra with all 175 out of the hole and have fun personally. They can definately take it. Good luck and lets know how you like it.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Ok our .063 or small purge valve pulls 8 amps. So if you have that one you could use it on that progressive. The other noid wire it up as a standard system, at full throttle its open.
If its the large one you are looking at 25 amps.
Ricky
Ricky,

which NX noid are you referring to as the "large" one w/ 25amp draw?

NITROUS SOLENOID, STAGE SIX (LARGE, .093 ORIFICE) -ICEMAN-

or

NITROUS SOLENOID, PRO-POWER (LARGE, .125 ORIFICE) -ICEMAN- P

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
Ricky,

which NX noid are you referring to as the "large" one w/ 25amp draw?

NITROUS SOLENOID, STAGE SIX (LARGE, .093 ORIFICE) -ICEMAN-

or

NITROUS SOLENOID, PRO-POWER (LARGE, .125 ORIFICE) -ICEMAN- P

Thanks!
Both, the .093 and .125 nitrous noids pull 25 amps, the .063 purge pulls 8.5 and the large .157 super shark pull 14.5...
Ricky
Old 02-18-2005, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

I have the Crane on a 5177 around 100 shot, and am not happy with the power curve it produced in the progressive range... very lumpy and didn't pull much out of the initial torque spike. So, now I have a glorified adjustable window switch with all of the progressive control pulled out, i.e. start flow and full flow rpm nearly the same. I'm gonna add another stage since I have a spare window switch and relay/harness so just need another solenoid and some plumbing since the 5177 already has 2 jets. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has tried the Crane with success.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BluMachine
I have the Crane on a 5177 around 100 shot, and am not happy with the power curve it produced in the progressive range... very lumpy and didn't pull much out of the initial torque spike. So, now I have a glorified adjustable window switch with all of the progressive control pulled out, i.e. start flow and full flow rpm nearly the same. I'm gonna add another stage since I have a spare window switch and relay/harness so just need another solenoid and some plumbing since the 5177 already has 2 jets. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has tried the Crane with success.
If I can recall from Crane's site, they do not list the 5177 as one of the NOS kits to use their controller with. I think this may have to do with the fact than a 5177 LS1 kit uses the T fitting and splits the nitrous to both sides of the lid. Those two -3 lines might be acting as "resevours" for the nitrous to load up in, and you might not be getting the full effect of the progressive action. I read somewhere it was best to put the noid as close to the nossle as possible. I bet if you ran a single nossle setup on your car with no jets, and kept the distance from the noids to the nossle short, you would get a smooth progression.

So far though you are the only one running a Crane unit. (that I've heard of) I'd like to get more feedback from users but ohwell.

A NOS Cheater n2o solenoid is good to 250 hp and only draws 10 amps. I'm thining about doing this (with another cheater in line before for precaution) Crappy nos noids!
Old 02-18-2005, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
If I can recall from Crane's site, they do not list the 5177 as one of the NOS kits to use their controller with. I think this may have to do with the fact than a 5177 LS1 kit uses the T fitting and splits the nitrous to both sides of the lid. Those two -3 lines might be acting as "resevours" for the nitrous to load up in, and you might not be getting the full effect of the progressive action. I read somewhere it was best to put the noid as close to the nossle as possible. I bet if you ran a single nossle setup on your car with no jets, and kept the distance from the noids to the nossle short, you would get a smooth progression.

So far though you are the only one running a Crane unit. (that I've heard of) I'd like to get more feedback from users but ohwell.

A NOS Cheater n2o solenoid is good to 250 hp and only draws 10 amps. I'm thining about doing this (with another cheater in line before for precaution) Crappy nos noids!
Thanks for reply. I'll have to test your theory when I go to 2 stage. When I replumb it, I'll try to keep the feed line between the progressive solenoid and nozzle as short as possible.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BluMachine
Thanks for reply. I'll have to test your theory when I go to 2 stage. When I replumb it, I'll try to keep the feed line between the progressive solenoid and nozzle as short as possible.
The jet might also make a difference, if you have a noid that can support say 140 hp free flowing (no jet) and you jet it to say 100, the n2o might load up in the line between the solenoid and jet. I know I read something like that somewhere, it might of had more to do with the fuel side though (liquid vs a gas).

Anyhow, my goal is to get the noid as close to the nossle as possible, so when it pulses the nitrous is dispersed just as fast as the noid is letting it. No jet or long line to build up pressure and hold the flow back.