Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX MAF for C5.....when?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp,

I guess Mike hijacked my thread and stole my MAF right from under my nose . That's okay, I will and can wait for the final product . For that Mike, you better let me know how you like it.

Jim K.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Corpsvette
Welp,

I guess Mike hijacked my thread and stole my MAF right from under my nose . That's okay, I will and can wait for the final product . For that Mike, you better let me know how you like it.

Jim K.
Jim
Hey this is your thread, your idea and you definately got the shot at this. I am in no real rush cause I am waiting on my motor to get finished so if you want it by all means it is yours.

If not I will call Ricky and see what I need to do.

Mike
Old 02-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Jim
Hey this is your thread, your idea and you definately got the shot at this. I am in no real rush cause I am waiting on my motor to get finished so if you want it by all means it is yours.

If not I will call Ricky and see what I need to do.

Mike
No Mike, just messin' with ya. I need to wait a little bit before I jump on this and hopefully by then manufacturing for the MAF kit will be well underway. I am serious about you letting me know how it works. Thanks. Besides, Ricky was going to be able to take care of both of use if necessary. Let me know what happens.

Jim K.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Right now there have only been 3 pieces built so far. The one in the picture was one of the last two. I guess Mike is going to get that one. We are in the final stages of redesign and will start machining in with in the next 2 weeks. Then is should be about 3-4 weeks after that release to the public. The new design is the same 6061-t6 aluminum but will be anodized black laser marked and use the three bolts to hold it to the maf sensor.

Ricky

The cost of building a complete maf that can discharge nitrous, from plastic would way to high to sale to the average person. Also plastic and fitting realy do not like each other. We have build several parts over the years out of plastic for testing and I broke ever one of them. do idea thou.

But this unit will work with the 90mm tbody.

Ricky
Ricky,
So these are epoxied to the MAF??? That doesnt seem as strong as bolting it. Is it worth it to wait for the production version?

Can you PM me a price for this one if you epoxy it and also for the production version.

Mike
Old 03-01-2005, 12:36 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds great....
I think I know which N20 Company I'll end up running
Old 03-01-2005, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a 'vette vendor that makes a plate that goes behind the C5 throttlebody. I won't give them a plug, because they aren't a sponsor here, but it is an interesting piece.