Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Through the EGR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix57
we were just discussing that in my criminal justice class. what ever you have immediate access to, but if they really want, they can find reason to search the entire car.
I asked my professor after class. If the stop is a legal stop and there is probobale cause then yes. Reasonable suspicion is not grounds to search though. Basically, from what I gathered from him, say you were stopped for speeding, unless they have probable cause to search under your hood they can't. I guess it would depend on how if the judge determined the reasons to search were founded. I was partially wrong in my previous post.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Since when did it become illegal to have N2O on a car. I didn't know of any such law. They, nos, even make one that is 50 state legal with a wot switch I believe. I've never had any problems with the kits I've had on other cars. The only law that I see that you could be breaking is the modifing a vehicle for racing purposes which we all are guilty of. I don't see what the big deal is with the NOS.

If you do have to hide it Nitrous Dave's is about as stealth as you get but you still have the bottle to deal with if the cops search your car.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Junkie

it is illegal to have wet nitrous systems in california due to the altering of the fuel system. some states have it illegal to have the bottle hooked up, but not the system installed
Old 03-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Launching!

sorry, wasnt on for a couple of days guys... computer was down... we dont modify our cars for racing purposes.... we fix them, because the factory didnt put ebnough horse in them to begin with lol thanks for all the info guys.... i think i found the route i'm going.... i really appreciate everyone input....

Thanks

Dan @ www.ChicagoStreetRacing.net
Old 03-06-2005, 10:19 PM
12 Second Truck Club

so what route are you going?

Quick Reply: Nitrous Through the EGR?