Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need an All In One Box....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need an All In One Box....

Here is what I would like to have in a nitrous companion.

1) Timing reduction, by turning **** or switches, prefer something adjustable from -6* to -14* using a rheostat type adjustment.

2) Multi Stage control, be able to arm the entire system and then select "disarm" a second or third stage by.

3) A Master Window Switch, one setting for all stages OR Separate WS for each stage.

4) Either time delay per stage, or time based ramping progressive control for additional stages. In conjunction with #2 no real need for me to turn a stage only to 50% or 80%. A non adjustable 0-100% in "X.X" seconds is fine.

5) Trans brake input

6) 2 Step.

Set the delay/time for ramp on additional stages, or turn them off. Set window ('s), Set the 2 Step threshold. Arm the system, hit Trans Brake and 2step kicks on, system is ready, release TransB, 2step releases, 1st stage pumps out, as the additional stages build, close WOT Switch and shuts down the flow. I ask for too much huh?

Charlie
Old 03-18-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

lol...that is a tall order! Would be nice though.

Currently I have the NX maximizer, harlan 2 step and a nitrous tune for timing. Although I am considering adding the Timing Tuner because I believe I could use the Maximizer to trigger the retard for the TT.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Restricted User

I hear on that setup Al, never hurts to dream right Thought maybe BMN guys, Ricky or someone from FJO would read and see how much this would help.

How much timing can the Timing Tuner pull? How big is it physically?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that would be one hella controller.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:51 AM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Anything could be done. Heck, you could even get the F&F setup with bar graphs and pop up warning windows that tells you your MAP is too high, LOL. Problem is unless there is a big enough market to justify it, it won't get made except by someone who would do it just to say or prove they could or did when the others didn't. Not askin too much at all though. Everything has already been done seperatly, just need to tie it all into one.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
lol...that is a tall order! Would be nice though.

Currently I have the NX maximizer, harlan 2 step and a nitrous tune for timing. Although I am considering adding the Timing Tuner because I believe I could use the Maximizer to trigger the retard for the TT.

You wouldn't need to use the maximizer to controll the TT. When ever you put power to the activation line of the TT it will pull timing. This pic shows how to do it and use the TT as the window switch also. I forget if the Mxmzr has one built in also.
Attached Thumbnails Need an All In One Box....-maxedit.gif  
Old 03-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Restricted User

$500 is that worth it for someone to make a one-off, or testing for production demand model? I'd pay for it and test
Old 03-20-2005, 12:25 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
$500 is that worth it for someone to make a one-off, or testing for production demand model? I'd pay for it and test
Considering the Maximizer is the most robust controller out there and it costs $650, I highly doubt you could get what you're looking for for $500 and have it be a quality product. I'm rooting for ya though! (I'd sell my Maximizer in a heartbeat if this happened)

Old 03-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Restricted User

Eric, I hear ya. 3, 4, & 5 are in the two new FJO Products now, just need to add a timing, 2 step, and the master or individual arming is more of a luxury. Hell, I'd be happy if FJO built their two current boxes into one and could add a damn timing tuner. Figure the WS and Noid Driver are ~$300, add timing feature should put it around $500, relocated everthing into one box and I'd be happy!
Old 03-20-2005, 12:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im wiring a one box system as we speak.
It has the maximizer, dynojet wideband commander, HPTuner, 5 relay's and two 4-fuse, fuse blocks.
The one box is a 10"x10"x4" electrical encloser
as far as price I have about 1900$ in it and I still havent done a timing tuner
Guess I should have looked at BS3 a little closer. Ive almost spent enough to buy it
Old 03-20-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
Here is what I would like to have in a nitrous companion.

1) Timing reduction, by turning **** or switches, prefer something adjustable from -6* to -14* using a rheostat type adjustment.

2) Multi Stage control, be able to arm the entire system and then select "disarm" a second or third stage by.

3) A Master Window Switch, one setting for all stages OR Separate WS for each stage.

4) Either time delay per stage, or time based ramping progressive control for additional stages. In conjunction with #2 no real need for me to turn a stage only to 50% or 80%. A non adjustable 0-100% in "X.X" seconds is fine.

5) Trans brake input

6) 2 Step.

Set the delay/time for ramp on additional stages, or turn them off. Set window ('s), Set the 2 Step threshold. Arm the system, hit Trans Brake and 2step kicks on, system is ready, release TransB, 2step releases, 1st stage pumps out, as the additional stages build, close WOT Switch and shuts down the flow. I ask for too much huh?

Charlie
A man can dream cant he! Yeah Charlie that would be bad ***.. Hey when you rub the magic lamp can you have them add a couple things for me?
1. Universal wideband recognition safety disarm
2. Gear recognition for automatic transmissions
3. Seperate programable stagger for fuel solenoids so they can be activated .1-.5 seconds prior to nitrous solenoids?

Thanks..... Oh and can it all be under $750?
Old 03-20-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

How about a user interface something like this http://dennisc99.home.mchsi.com/AMS-1000.pdf

Universal wideband - do you mean adjustable trip point 0-5 volt scale with data logging?

Want to be able to log fuel and nitrous pressure also?

How many degrees total of timing retard, 0 to 15 work? Want the timing to be pulled progressivly over time? Or be able to adjust timing retard based on total percent of nitrous? Example .01 degree for each 1 percent of nitrous applied. Or both?

Have a limit as to how much fuel can be cut (percent wise) compared to the nitrous percent?

Want to be able to view the setup as a graph? How many amps would be needed for each output? The current terminal strip used is only good to 25 amps.

While the launch input is active have an adjustable fuel solenoid control that just ever so slightly pulses it (user adjustable) so you do not have to delay the nitrous hit? Work in conjunction with the fuel offest.

The 2-step in the same unit would be tough to do without a complete re-design and get into some serious $. PM me as I am not a sponser and do not want banned from this great site.

Moderators, If I have over stepped my boundries let me know and I will no longer respond to any posts like this. I already build several nice units (in my opinion), however, none of them have the options this would. No PC needed to view data log and/or adjust parameters.

Want a shift light output also?
Old 03-20-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Technoman64
How about a user interface something like this http://dennisc99.home.mchsi.com/AMS-1000.pdf

Universal wideband - do you mean adjustable trip point 0-5 volt scale with data logging?

Want to be able to log fuel and nitrous pressure also?

How many degrees total of timing retard, 0 to 15 work? Want the timing to be pulled progressivly over time? Or be able to adjust timing retard based on total percent of nitrous? Example .01 degree for each 1 percent of nitrous applied. Or both?

Have a limit as to how much fuel can be cut (percent wise) compared to the nitrous percent?

Want to be able to view the setup as a graph? How many amps would be needed for each output? The current terminal strip used is only good to 25 amps.

While the launch input is active have an adjustable fuel solenoid control that just ever so slightly pulses it (user adjustable) so you do not have to delay the nitrous hit? Work in conjunction with the fuel offest.

The 2-step in the same unit would be tough to do without a complete re-design and get into some serious $. PM me as I am not a sponser and do not want banned from this great site.

Moderators, If I have over stepped my boundries let me know and I will no longer respond to any posts like this. I already build several nice units (in my opinion), however, none of them have the options this would. No PC needed to view data log and/or adjust parameters.

Want a shift light output also?
Holy ****! I have some reading to do!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Restricted User

You and me both Flipper.

I really need to get an EE Degree or something. It seems possible to make a single box similar to what FJO is now making from two, and simply add a Timing Tuner into it, agree the 2 Step was probably overkill, but hey, if someone is willing to build it, I am willing to pay. PM me for details!