Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which timing tuner are most people using?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike c.
i was thinking of getting a timing box for my t.n.t kit. will the window switch work with it. what if you spray a 150 shot and the box fails. will the nos still spray and maybe kill the motor by not retarding? can you test it to see if it works?
if you want to be safe... have the tune include the retarding as if you are running nitrous... when the system is off, the box can advance timing, so even if box is defective on nitrous... you'll be fine... if it dies when NA, you'll notice the timing if off but will be fine.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
if you want to be safe... have the tune include the retarding as if you are running nitrous... when the system is off, the box can advance timing, so even if box is defective on nitrous... you'll be fine... if it dies when NA, you'll notice the timing if off but will be fine.
Thats an interesting idea!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting. so,use the box to advance timing. something to think about. slp has a little plug in device that will advance the timing.will that work?
Old 03-27-2005, 09:06 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike c.
interesting. so,use the box to advance timing. something to think about. slp has a little plug in device that will advance the timing.will that work?
I have the timing tuner, and thought of this as well...but how would you exactly go about doing this??? If you ahve the timing set low, like 25 degrees with LS1 edit, and use this for the nitrous, then how do you wire the timing tuner to advance the timing when not on the juice? I can see having the timing advanced all the time with the timing tuner, but when you have the solenoids wired into the timing tuner to use the window switch and timing retard/advance, how do you wire it?

I guess you could set it to advance the timing 4 degrees (or whatever) all the time, and then when runnig the juice, have it set to retard 4 degrees back to low timing setting...SO, you would have 25 degrees + 4 added from timing tuner to get 29 degree total timing all the time, and then when using nitrous, the window switch would be active as well as the retard function to pull the 4 degrees you added out, back to the factory low setting of 5 degrees. However, this would only be a safety factor if the timing tuner failed to work at all (complete failure). I am not sure if this is a good idea or not realistically, I think I will contact the company that makes the timing tuner and ask them...

SDB