Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

working on setting up 100dry shot on my new car

Old 06-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default working on setting up 100dry shot on my new car

I have the NOS 5177 on my other WS6, now im putting a 100 dry shot on this car and am planning on making it "stealty" im going to mount the bottle where the spare used to be, could I use the original mounting brackets that came with the 15lb bottle and just cut/bend them to fit back there?? or would i need to buy a custom bracket? also is timing tuner any good for retarding timing?? i have a MSD electrical RPM switch for now, but later on plan on adding a Walbro 255 inline fuel pump and maybe adding larger injectors and so forth and upping the spray to 150 shot and need something to retard the timing.
thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 11:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, you should be able to reuse your bottle brackets and with a few other things fab something up to have it fit back there. The timing tuner is great as a window switch/timing puller. But if you are spraying a dry shot you will pull some timing automatically. If you are looking to pull more, then maybe get the TT, as you already have a window switch. The injectors are a good idea (you'll need a tune for the larger injectors) but I would rethink the inline fuel pump. It can't pump any more then the in tank one can. I would look into a racetronix fuel pump.

Originally Posted by StangKillaLS1
I have the NOS 5177 on my other WS6, now im putting a 100 dry shot on this car and am planning on making it "stealty" im going to mount the bottle where the spare used to be, could I use the original mounting brackets that came with the 15lb bottle and just cut/bend them to fit back there?? or would i need to buy a custom bracket? also is timing tuner any good for retarding timing?? i have a MSD electrical RPM switch for now, but later on plan on adding a Walbro 255 inline fuel pump and maybe adding larger injectors and so forth and upping the spray to 150 shot and need something to retard the timing.
thanks

Last edited by Matt@HSW; 06-24-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Matt,The inline fuel pump is a band aid.Depending on which car you are working on that is in your sig.The race tronix is nice but if its out of your price range the 125.00 intank walboro pump will be fine with a bolt on car.If you are putting this on the car thats in your sig with the built motor I would deffintly do the racetronix.
Dave

Search this Thread