Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupidity or Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupidity or Opinion

Ok not to bring up the wet vs. Dry argument! But I get a call from this guy yesterday while I'm at work! (For the records i'm a dry guy) Ok back to story!He calls and says I here you wanna put a dry in your car! I was like yeah i'm just building up my motor for it (you know injectors and pump and other **** for a dry). Well this guy is like 40 years old he has his own detailing/paint and performance shop and I worked with him for a year! And he had a 99 WS6. He is selling a compucar kit for $500 only shot 2x that came off it. Full bottle and jetted at a 100 shot. For $500 I get it installed and I get dyno sheets b4 and after the juice! Sounds good right! check this out!

So I try to hold a conversation with him based off the facts I learned and know on here about wet and dry! I told him about Nitrous Outlets Halo kit I about to buy and why I like dry and my fear of fuel puddling with wet! Here Is all what he says to me:

- Dry kits suck because I have to buy injectors and pump!
- With a Wet kit I dont have to buy a fuel pump!
- The fuel puddle story is a myth!
- can run 150 all day no problem
- I can go lean on a dry kit faster
- Never trust injectors
- Wet hits harder (but I know that)
- Dry is more dangerous than Wet

Thing is the guy never heard about fuel puddling! He had to call a guy that tunes car w/ nitrous and ask him about fuel puddling! He said that he can install compucar kit cause he know it buy the back of his hand! I asked what about Halo Dry and he says I dont install dry! Is this guy just looking for a sale or full of **** cause he only knows about 1 kit or is right in some cases! Cause I dont want to get passed up on a good deal!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK,
I can only guess where this post is going.This is my opinion.IF you are looking for a 150 hp shot to the tires I personaly prefer the wet system,but not compucar.
With a dry system depending on your mods you may need to upgrade injectors.Then you will have to change your tune.Howver on wet or dry you may need to upgrade your fuel pump depending on mods.

AS far as the fuel puddling issue comes from back in the day when NOSs nozzle were not attomizing the fuel with the nitrous properly.The fuel would fall out of the air stream and puddle.With todays technology and great nozzle desighnes such as the NX shark nozzle that is not possible.

The wet system is going to make more torque and run better times than the dry kit.
If you are looking at running a true 150hp shot and want it to prettyy much be a bolt on and go.I suggest a NX single nozzle kit.They are better quality than that compucar system.
Dont get me wrong I love our dry Halo system.It works great.If you are looking for a easy 100-maybe 150 with out upgrading injectors or changing tune.Your car pretty much needs to be stock in order to run it.However is is by far my favorite dry system on the market.
Dave
Old 06-29-2005, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

not to mention...if you spray above 3k you wont get any puddling anyway...the force at which an ls1 engine sucks would be more than enough to suck any un-used fuel into the cylinders. i wish we could put this "fuel puddling" thing to rest once and for all.
ive been running a 150 TNT shot for 7 months now and have had NO issues with it.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Launching!

thanks
Old 06-29-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would dump the Compucar idea and stay with the Halo Kit. Now on dry/wet thing I am not going into detail, but I have a half dozen videos of wet kits taking the intake off. I have as of yet not seen this with dry kits because there is no fuel in the intake. Make your own conclusions. Just because someone has not had an issue with wet dosen't mean it is not a reality. As long as everything is working correctly there is not a problem, but put a mech failure (on n2o side) or operator error into the wet equation and problems can arise. The statement your seller made about don't trust injectors is laughable, we better not drive our cars at all if that's the case. What ever you choose, as long as it's set-up correctly and maintained, n2o is safer than it's ever been.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

to de honest with you I can't tell you how many hundreds of posts I have read about nitrous to get the facts before I put it on my ride. I will tell you this the wet is the better choice in the long run, it hits harder, produces better times, and all around better with the NESSARY PRECAUTIONS! you need to get the things like pressure switch window switch and pump and sometimes injectors. will out these things is is like drivinge on a dark road with out head lights, most of the time you make it home, but it only takes on time to wreak, get my drift. keep researching before you get something that is budget, because by the time you upgrade and change your mind the money you saved is gone, and your left back at square one.