Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard line DP users/installers

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard line DP users/installers

This weekend I will be installing my 80000EFI NX DP system and wanted to see if anyone has some tips on doing the hard lines.
I have all the tools (bender and flare kit) and also have done some practice on how the tools work an similar tubing. I also went out and purchased some .015 straight wire to "form" a template for my bends. Just hoping to get it right the first time so any advice will be great.
I will post some pics as I progress if anyone is interested.
Thanks again to the NX boys, Ricky and Jeremy, as well as Nitro Dave for the help. Keep those fingers crossed!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Sounds like you have it all covered. Use a bit of oil when you use the cutter...it will save you blade when cutting stainless tube.

Other than that...just get to work. You can always get more tube...but youll see once you get through about three lines...you start getting the feel for it and the eye for it. Good luck and take some pics of the finished product.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

also take some extra little pieces and make bends such as 90 and 45. but mark the bend and bender were it starts and such. that way you will be able to duplicate bends to the real lines. if it is small pieces you make the practice bends on you can hold them up to the peice u are bending.