Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous help??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous help??

I need some help figuring this out hopefully before tonight. I have the NX MAF kit and the Harlan window switch. Everytime I would hit it, it just never felt like it was doing right. So I set the turn on rpms on the window switch to 500. I unhooked the fuel line from the fuel side of the MAF plate and ran it in to a garbage can. I unhooked the NOS side and held it up in the air. Now I have it where I can just hit the WOT switch with my hand and see if it is spraying right? So, when I hold down the WOT switch simulating WOT, it is not one continuous spray. It is like, "pulsing". What could this be? The bottle is full. I didn't turn on the heater, but it should spray no matter what right? I am wanting to go to the track tonight, so please help me out. Thanks in advance
Old 07-01-2005, 11:40 AM
9 Second Club

Fuel Pressure Safety Switch? if you have one.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fuel Pressure Safety Switch? if you have one.
I just checked that by bypassing it and when it hit it about blew the line out of my hand. So that is the problem. Now I just have to figure out if it is bad or just not set right. Has anyone had a problem with the FPSS and if so what was the problem.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

More then likely it isn't sent correctly. Did your system work fine at one time and then recently you started to have this problem, or did you just finish the install and you noticed it? By your description it sounds like the latter.

Originally Posted by TN94Z
I just checked that by bypassing it and when it hit it about blew the line out of my hand. So that is the problem. Now I just have to figure out if it is bad or just not set right. Has anyone had a problem with the FPSS and if so what was the problem.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres how to adjust the switch-

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=tech+tip

The FPSS is adjustable. On the topside of the switch there is a rubber plug. Removing this plug and you will expose a hex type screw. Tuning the screw clockwise will raise the set point. Counterclockwise will lower the set point. Normally there is no need to adjust these switches they come from the factory preset. WARNING: setting the FPSS to close to the operating fuel pressure of your system will cause the nitrous system to bounce, chatter or go on off really fast. And setting to far away will not do you much good.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just installed the kit...and have had this problem since the install. I am gonna re-adjust it once I get a fuel pressure gauge. Thanks guys