NX remote opener problems.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX remote opener problems.

I've been using it for about a year.

The symptoms are:
It works fine to open it once. Closing might work, 50/50. and so on until it finally gets stuck open or closed. I then have to go back and take it off, and manually do it.
Trying to open and close it back to back will most likely not work. If it does work the next time won't.

Do I have a bad one. I called NX and they said to take apart the opener, throw it in a vice and adjust the nut. For the money I paid for it, it doesn't seem to work very well. Could it be that my bottle valve is sticky?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by ss1le02
I've been using it for about a year.

The symptoms are:
It works fine to open it once. Closing might work, 50/50. and so on until it finally gets stuck open or closed. I then have to go back and take it off, and manually do it.
Trying to open and close it back to back will most likely not work. If it does work the next time won't.

Do I have a bad one. I called NX and they said to take apart the opener, throw it in a vice and adjust the nut. For the money I paid for it, it doesn't seem to work very well. Could it be that my bottle valve is sticky?
Couple of things here, 1. make sure you manually open the bottle in a mid point before installing the opener. 2. There are times that the clutch must be adjusted.
Is this an NX bottle valve, is so which one?
The best part about this unit is you can adjust the clutch if need be, so if installation is correct, and since the valve is sticking in both directions. I would open the bottle to the mid point, then set the clutch 1/4 turn tighter. Normally the clutches are set a little tight at the factor, and you have to lossen them, but that would be a closed and not open problem...
If someone else's vavle you just have to play it tell its right.
One final note, you can send your NX bottle or valve in with the opener for testing.
Ricky
Old 07-06-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Couple of things here, 1. make sure you manually open the bottle in a mid point before installing the opener. 2. There are times that the clutch must be adjusted.
Is this an NX bottle valve, is so which one?
The best part about this unit is you can adjust the clutch if need be, so if installation is correct, and since the valve is sticking in both directions. I would open the bottle to the mid point, then set the clutch 1/4 turn tighter. Normally the clutches are set a little tight at the factor, and you have to lossen them, but that would be a closed and not open problem...
If someone else's vavle you just have to play it tell its right.
One final note, you can send your NX bottle or valve in with the opener for testing.
Ricky
I'm using an NOS bottle. That nut seemed really hard to move. I couldn't get it to move, then again I didn't have a vice.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by ss1le02
I'm using an NOS bottle. That nut seemed really hard to move. I couldn't get it to move, then again I didn't have a vice.
Which nut.
Ricky
Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Which nut.
Ricky
Maybe I better pull it apart again, just to make sure I know what I'm talking about.