Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about NX bottle heater.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about NX bottle heater.

i have an nx bottle heater that came with my used kx kit and i am a little curious about how it works exactly.

first off should i wire it up to be on whenever the nk kit is activated, or should i put it on a seperate switch?

is it safe to have it on with the ignition? will it ever turn off on its own?

is it possible for it to get too hot and then not so desirable things happen?

Sorry for so many questions. and thanks.

Louie
Old 07-19-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

You should wire it up so that it's on its own switch. That way it isn't always on.

If you have the NX Pressure Transdeucer, it will turn on when the bottle pressure goes below a certain level, and will automatically turn off when the pressure goes above a certain level. This, of course, will only happen if you have the heater on. The transdeucer takes over from there.

If you use the pressure transdeucer, the chances are low that something bad will happen. However, in the event of the 'worst case scenario', the burst disc on the bottle will blow off long before the bottle explodes.

Good luck!

Last edited by KingCrapBox; 07-19-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

i do not have the transduecer, so i guess i am curious how i am supposed to know how and when i should have teh bottle heater on. that is all.

if i am driving ont he street on a daily basis should i leave the heater on or off? what happens if i want to spray on the street but the bottle in not heated up?

thanks
Louie
Old 07-20-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Junkie

If you don't have the pressure transdeucer, you will need to be sure you don't leave the heater on. If you do the pressure will build up until the safety burst disc explodes and you lose your nitrous.

If you have a remote bottle gauge you can manually turn the system off when the pressure reaches a certain PSI. Other than that you're just guessing.

If you run into somebody on the street and you want to spray, chances are it's too late to turn the bottle heater on. The more nitrous that is in the bottle, the faster it will heat up though.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

King is exactly right, I would highly suggest getting a pressure transducer too. They are pretty inexpensive, but IMO are a very important part to have when using a bottle heater of any brand. Also, definately wire it to it's own switch so you can operate it without turning the system on
Old 07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

fair enough. do they make a mechanical nitrous pressure guage? something that i can hook up right before the selenoid and run a line inside to the guage? $200+ isnt something that i want to dish out for a nitrous guage.

Thanks
Louie
Old 07-20-2005, 11:22 AM
FormerVendor

You will need part numbers 15509 (gauge and manifold), 16109 (-4x1/8 male connect), 15236 (-4x1/8 female, this goes on the gauge to connect it to a hose), and then all that's left is what ever length of hose you need.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

www.dynotunenitrous.com sells the guage you want.
We also happen to sell the pressure switch setup you need as a lower cost alternative to the NX version plus ours is adjustable and comes with instructions.
Cheers
Dan