Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 ground question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question C5 ground question.

Is there a good ground connection point in the trunk area or somewhere behind the seats? Passenger side preferred.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:15 AM
11 Second Club

If there is, I never found one. I ran wires and my nitrous line between the frame and passenger side rocker panel (accessed via the fender wells) up into the battery compartment.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by terry s
Is there a good ground connection point in the trunk area or somewhere behind the seats? Passenger side preferred.
You'd have to drill a hole and frame ground a wire or connection
Old 09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

There is one. I just found it. It is right below the pass. side seatbelt retractor.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:15 AM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Make sure you scrap any paint off around the hole for the bolt that could cause an intermitent ground problem. Don't worry, it wont rust plus it's hidden. It is very important though. Bad or improper gounding is deff. more then half of the problems encountered when troublshooting a fresh installation that isn't working rite.

If you work up the bottom of the door frame and pull the cover/kick panel cover off you will see a bracket with 2 or 3 bolts in it that have a couple wires each bolted to it. This is a very good ground to use if you can reach it
Old 09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found a wiring diagram and there is another ground point in the same place on the driver's side. It was painted under where the ground bracket contacts the frame. They must rely on the ground path going from the bracket to the bolt head and then through the threads. But I will take the paint off as you suggested to be sure.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:06 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

good deal. You don't have to put a mirror polish on it, even just using a wider flat blade screw driver and getting some of the paint out of the way will save you from some headaches down the road.