Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Tap Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tap Question

Where would be the best place to tap into my fuel when setting up the nitrous?

I have the lq9 in my SSS with a radix. I was reading to put it on the end of the fuel rail and take off the plastic cap....blah blah blah, but I think that might be a problem with the t- fitting I have. It came with the kit but I ma not sure if it will work.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

The radix comes with new fuel rails that cross over in the front and then their is a port on the drivers side? What are you running off the T? A pic would help.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Launching!

I haven't got the t- running off anything. It is supposed to be used for splicing into the lead fuel line. I don't have the fitting that is supposed to go on the fuel rail nor can I find it. The only one I found is for ford. If you could find it, it would help a great deal.

I was a bit confused about the fuel rail tap because th einstructions say not all contain fuel and they are only test ones.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Is the T a barb fitting, npt, or AN? Also, how in the end of the rail setup, thread wise. I asume the outlet on the T is just a test port or place to put a FP gauge. As long as there is fuel flowing through the T you should beable to pull fuel from there.

I would also post this on performancetrucks.net. They will be alot more familiar with the radix and can find you the fitting your suppost to have with the kit. If you havn't been over there yet, your screen name and password from here works over there too.

Also, how big of a shot are you looking to fuel?
Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Launching!

The t I am guessing is AN since it was the one that came with the kit. I am not sure the difference of npt or an yet. The fuel rail has a hex on the end and it is probably screwed in and not just a cap. I am only going with a 50 shot though.