Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

paging 383LQ4SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default paging 383LQ4SS

well, i finally got around to doing some dynoing just for you. 1st gear under 2000 rpm nitrous runs. unfortunately the dyno will not read in engine rpm as it's way too quick. looked at it by time and the run lasted barely 2 seconds. so went by speed and got a longer graph line for viewing. no torque line because it couldn't read that fast.

dyno 5 - NA
dyno 6 - held motor at 1500 rpms then floored it.
dyno 7 - held motor at 1000 rpms then floored it.

the dyno just couldn't read it. way too quick on the accleration. plus it's an inherent programming flaw in winpep. if winpep doesn't agree with what's being recorded, it tosses the info out and no line produced. this was with the wife's car. stock converter pill sizes .073/.038. maybe i can borrow vinci's dyno one day and see if it can catch a sample. it's a DOS based dynojet and doesn't throw any info out.

oh and her car still runs. no blown head gaskets. even saw some street action same night. let's say the 20 psi eclipse didn't stand a chance.

do have some questions to go over with you about these wonderful solenoids. looks like they are having issues trying to open.

Old 09-12-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Thats cool you tried the test...glad to see it. But what I would like to see is the dyno graph in rpm mode on an NA run and the overlayed with the same thing with a spray run.

From the above graph it only appears you are making 339 ft/lbs maximum at any point in the rpm band? Something doesnt seem right. Are you sure the juice is working? Whats wrong with your noids and not opening?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

I see..you did it in first gear. But it seems if run 5 was all NA and run 6 was on spray you would have made more HP on the spray runs. How about this....if your serious about exploring the merits of spraying real low in thr rpm band...try a mustang dyno where they can load the dyno and slow its acceleration rate. You will get a better and more accurate Tq reading that way and the rpm will show up. Anyone have a Mustang dyno over there?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

the winpep just can't capture the dyno readings even NA in first gear, i can't get you an engine rpm reading. you click the engine rpm and all you get is no lines and 100/100 results. that's why i'll try to get on vinci's DOS based older than dirt dynojet. because i have dyno'ed in 2nd gear and captured at 700 rpms. don't know how well it will do in 1st gear though.

now. here's my dyno in 3rd gear. you'll notice the butt cheeks at the beginning of the run. i spent some time diagnosing this.

used tuner to remove torque management, never had this problem before on stock tune but did it to rule it out.

put in fresh bottle to make sure it's not a volume/pressure problem.

only 1* knock retard at that point as well.

thinking the solenoids are fluttering
thinking ground issue
thinking relay?? 40 amp.
i had ny-trex put new solenoids on when they stopped working the last time i was at the track. worked great when i left his business. now i'm back to this 'slow' opening issue.

Last edited by mrr23; 09-12-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
I see..you did it in first gear. But it seems if run 5 was all NA and run 6 was on spray you would have made more HP on the spray runs. How about this....if your serious about exploring the merits of spraying real low in thr rpm band...try a mustang dyno where they can load the dyno and slow its acceleration rate. You will get a better and more accurate Tq reading that way and the rpm will show up. Anyone have a Mustang dyno over there?
i used to have a mustang dyno connection. he sold it recently . have to look around.

also, the ny-trex solenoid has an .081" orifice and i'm using a .073" pill. ken at ny-trex is suggesting moving up to his bigger solenoid with a .110" orifice. i don't think it will help. my 00 formula has the compucar solenoids. same external size as the ny-trex. and i use .076" in it.

the other issue is overall gain results.

wife's car 200 motor is netting me 100 rwhp.
my car 200 motor is netting me 150 rwhp.

just doesn't add up.

Last edited by mrr23; 09-12-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

you going to be at the n2s/rx track day on the 25th of this month?