Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to hook up fpss??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to hook up fpss??

I bought a EFI fuel pressure safety switch from cold fusion, which came with no instructions. Looking at it I got an idea of how to hook it up, but i'm not too sure I want to be playing guessing games. So, how do I hook this up exactly? Also, is this FPSS adjustable? How do I check and adjust it after I install it?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is it 2 prongs i would just hook it up on the signel wire coming from the window switch to the relay.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Thread the FPSS into a manifold and thread the manifold directly to the inlet side of your fuel solenoid. The white relay wire (when using an NX relay) goes to the NO-marked (normally open) terminal of the switch and the NC-marked (normally closed) terminal goes to ground unless you're using an rpm window switch. In that case, connect the ground wire from your window switch to the NC terminal of the FPSS.

Yes, it's adjustable. Remove the rubber plug from the top of the switch and turn the allen head screw clockwise to increase the pressure setting and counterclockwise to lower it. They're supposed to be set at 35 psi from the factory, but the only real way to check is with a fuel pressure gauge.

Last edited by XTrooper; 09-27-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

Send me a PM with your email address. We have a set of instructions that I can email you.

Matt