Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous vs. charging

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink nitrous vs. charging

I was wondering in opinion which one of these would be a safer application. rught now i have a 2000ss with full length and a 220/224 .581 cam. and exhaust. i have a zex wet kit that goes up to 125, would this be considered safer to use then a charger. as far as weraing the car out. any info would be great. thanx.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chad2000ss
I was wondering in opinion which one of these would be a safer application. rught now i have a 2000ss with full length and a 220/224 .581 cam. and exhaust. i have a zex wet kit that goes up to 125, would this be considered safer to use then a charger. as far as weraing the car out. any info would be great. thanx.
Typically those who have spray only use it occasionally which can kinda suck. When you want to use it in an unexpected race, you have an empty bottle, and having to fill it all the time gets kinda sucky as well. But at the drag strip, nitrous hits harder and produces better times in most cases, especially for the price. But force inducted cars can be monsters as well, when the motor is properly built. They get expensive though.

The only reliability issues you'll have on the bottle is if you spray all the time. IMO, dry kits are safer due to the way the runners in our intake manifolds are. ZEX makes very safe systems, so I don't think you'll have a problem. ZEX systems will shut off if the fuel/air gets dangerous......

If you go the supercharger route on a stock LS1 engines CR, you'll only be able to run 6-8lbs of boost safely. Although, that will still make assloads of HP!

JMHO...........
Old 10-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Teching In

thanks john. im going with the zex, it seems to be a little bit easier and simple.