Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 hidden bottle spots

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
no purge just makes the initial hit softer doesn't it?
No purging is to get traped AIR and such in ur lines out. Thus allowing you for a Harder SHOT. not softer. it also HELPs to PURGE if u have a WET kit and using a DECENT size shot. SO you wont PUDDLE and BLOW UR INTAKE UP WHen ur at IDLE
Old 01-05-2006, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

Camaroextra - Yes that does work and is pretty simple to do actually. It's basically the same thing that 1BADAIR mentioned, but there are no officials checking your cage after the race, lol.

Chris95GT - What you said is often true, but a lot of guys I know will try to follow the routing of hoses if they see a bottle just because of this type of thing. Or they will want you to purge the system after you disconnect the line from the bottle (dead give away of there being another hidden bottle).

ramairstyle00 - Generally yes, if you don't purge the system then the first time you hit it it will be a little softer then if you had purged it. However, after the first run you've got the air pockets out of the lines so any runs after that will hit the same as if you purged it.

Z2K_MrJ - Wow.

During my time here at NX I have seen tons of different hiding ideas, but the one that I think is probably the best (at least top 3) was done by an old Pro Street racer, name was Kulmann I think. He had a fuel cell in the trunk of a blown alcohol camaro, and the fuel cell had a false wall in it that had reserved about a 1/3 of the tank as just an empty compartment. He hid a 10lb bottle in the compartment and ran the hose through a -18 AN fuel line that everyone apparently thought was just another fuel line. The solenoids were hidden in some electronic boxes under the dash and he used a plate for distribution. The plate looked like an alcohol injection plate for the blower, so no one ever thought anything of it. The guy ran almost an entire season with the system and won several races, but the second to last race of the year he had a wreck and smacked the wall with the *** end of the car. Unfortunatley for him someone noticed that the fuel cell was ruptured but there was no fuel leaking out or on the ground. Needless to say he got caught and was fined big time, suspended for several races, and had the points he had won taken away from him. Well thought out system though.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Has anyone done a fake Sub box that covers the rear T-top area?
Old 01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,238 Likes on 789 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I've seen gloveboxes modified for a 5 lb bottle. If you took out the passenger side airbag you could put one there too. I saw some nice hidden dry kits back in 1998-1999.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FormulaFirehawk520
can anyone tell me where they think the best place to hide a 5lb. bottle in an LS1 firebird is? thanks for your input
Are you the same dickweed that hangs out around Steak and Shake at 159th out in Orland with the Pewter Formula that trys to tell people its a V6? Get a new hustle man!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:56 PM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

Is it just me or are some people way too **** about racing? If you haven't been out run, then you haven't tried very hard.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you can hide it all you want but an experienced racer, especially someone who has experience with the the type of car you are spraying will know if it is using nitrous

an experienced person will know what a specific combination is capable of and if the car performs way to good for that combination then you will know unless you are running a very small shot
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Force
you can hide it all you want but an experienced racer, especially someone who has experience with the the type of car you are spraying will know if it is using nitrous

an experienced person will know what a specific combination is capable of and if the car performs way to good for that combination then you will know unless you are running a very small shot

well that doesn't matter... who is sayign theyseen you run before? If you run someone for cash. And what is this about combinations? Im not going to tell them a damn thing... not cam.. not heads... not stroke.. nothing. Its heads up racing and you can SAY whatever you want (which may be far from the truth).

Have you ever street raced? lol... NO ONE tells the truth..
Old 01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

dragframe I just laughed my *** off at your sig.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

AHAHA omfg that's funny!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Dragframe
well that doesn't matter... who is sayign theyseen you run before? If you run someone for cash. And what is this about combinations? Im not going to tell them a damn thing... not cam.. not heads... not stroke.. nothing. Its heads up racing and you can SAY whatever you want (which may be far from the truth).

Have you ever street raced? lol... NO ONE tells the truth..
I normally say it everytime the subject of hidden systems comes up. If you are hiding a system and are racing (street or otherwise) with a group of people around, chances are very very good that at least one of them will be experienced enough to know when you use the system. There are all sorts of tell tale signs of using nitrous, and of course there are ways around them but most people don't take the time to do so. Now days it's almost pointless to try and hide a system unless you are going to take the time to completely cover up the signs of the nitrous system being used when the car is making a pass, which can be difficult to say the least.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

just spray the car and race. I have a 100 wet shot and it don't do a dam bit of good against sticky tire from a standing start. What ever combo you are running in a street race just make sure it works well where you race. Run what you brung and hope you bought enought. Example a 400 hp 350 chevy on a 250 shot of spray in a nova still will get it *** handed to him by a 830hp 440in small block on motor in a nova the same weight. Spray might help and it might make you blow you tires off so just concentrate on making the car work for the set up and not worry about hiding it. A real racer don't car what you got just what he has to hand you your ***.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

I just put mine in the spare tire well, works the easyest.

Scott

Quick Reply: ls1 hidden bottle spots