Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just an Observation

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Hey man your right, in fact this was going on over @ http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=704922
Hmmm thats a good way for the corral to lose paying sponsors, I totally disagree with thier policy but fully agree with Ls1techs....
Old 11-11-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Hey man your right, in fact this was going on over @ http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=704922
This is relavent...why?

Last edited by Macon; 11-11-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:52 PM
FormerVendor

I completely agree with most of what's been said so far. The sponsors pay a monthly fee to advertise here. Their fees help keep this board up and running, so I say let 'em push there products. If they make a post and it doesn't begin with an answer to the question I usually just skip it and go on to the next response like TPY2KWS6 said. I like that LS1tech is pretty lenient though with this type of thing because I know that myself and Ricky are both guilty of pushing product every now and then (we try not to whenever possible, but it happens).

I also have to agree that Dave is BY FAR the best vendor/shop that I have ever dealt with, period. It doesn't matter if it's nitrous related or not, he will do everything he possibly can to help out a person wether they're a customer or not. When I blew up my T/A a while back (put a hole clean through the block) and had to rebuild the motor, Dave was there to help with parts and knowledge whenever I called. With his help I ended up rebuilding pretty much the entire car instead of just the motor.

And Macon, you're killin' me with some of your posts lately, haha.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Well I just edited the earlier post. This thread is not too technical and begs for comments on the way business is being conducted. My observation is for everyone to play by the rules of where they are posting...that's it!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

Every other thread also turns into a TNT vs. NX debate.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:45 PM
FormerVendor

Bad2000ss- I know you didn't name anyone specifically but I would like to apologize to you or anyone else that may get irritated by the debating that seems to continuously go on between NX and TNT. I personally do not intend for it to be with TNT specifically, I will debate anyone on any topic and it just happens to be with David a lot more often than anyone else, although Robert56 and I have debated pretty intensely over a couple of things and they seem to go ok without it turning into a pissing contest. I don't have anything personally against David, TNT, or anyone else on here. However, I must say that I am a very outspoken person and I love to debate. I know those two things don't go well together, but that's me. I also love being in the high performance industry and I like helping people go as fast as possible while also being as safe as possible. So I'm going to say what's on my mind when it comes to this industry (sometimes Ricky sways me not to, but only sometimes lol).

Sorry for the rambling guys, I'll get back on topic now.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Hmmm,
Well not sure about other sponsors but I will speek for myself. I always try to be helpful and offer any tech advice to help weather its one of our customers or not.I try to make it as easy and safe as possible for the the person needing the help. If I feel that there may be a better product for what they are doing or that they may be looking for a certain product I make a suggestion. I hope my post come off more as a helpful post than a push for sales.
Thanks
Dave

True he has helped me several times and offered to sell me nothing. Unlike another sponsor.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
As long as the trolling is at least minimal we are fine. It's the person who remarks "person x got in trouble for doing thing y at place z" that is the troll. I think most of the folks that come here with a few exceptions are pretty tolerable.

From time to time we might get pissed...oh yawn. The threads here that are asking questions usually get great answers from people who feel capable of making helpful remarks.

NX and TNT nitrous systems seem to go about making power "differently". I still see them as more similar with the exception of marketing and instructional direction...some hardware differences but not many I see. Add that to the passion people like me have for nitrous and you get (unlike nitrous oxide) a combustible mixture of attitude, gratitude, platitudes, and something else. lol. Anyway it gets the juices flowing and often someone gets their feeling hurt and the troll in that person shows up. It can be any of us for an instant. Robert Louis Stevenson would have loved the internet forum...Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde is everywhere. Even more literary it should be as in Shakespeare's pen: I do desire we may be better strangers. -As You Like It. Act iii. Sc. 2.