Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous

I wan't a complete nitrous kit I mean EVERYTHING including window switch, fps switch everything to make it as safe as possible what should I get? And whats the only way it'll mess up my car? Car only has a catback as of now but i'll probly get a lid soon, Thanks!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several vendors here who will be glad to help you...i would start with the following link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php

type: best nitrous kit

Last edited by Macon; 11-11-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Macon
There are several vendors here who will be glad to help you...i would start with the following link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?
Did you search? If you did ask specific questions...we are glad to help.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

I think that the safest most hassle free kit is the NOS dry 5177. If your going to be looking to spray a 125 or more I would go with a wet set up though. Not quete as safe but they are easier to make big power with. Most people don't stay with small 100-125 shots so I would reccomend cheking out some of the wet kits on the market.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Banned

Well, I tried searching but I can't find exactly what i'm looking for, i'm thinking about wet with a window switch fpss and a bottle heater, would the zex kit be better? Whats the biggest show I could run on a stock SS?
Old 11-13-2005, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Being stock you could run a 100 - 125 wet shot. I would suggest upgrading the fuel pump if you want to run a larger shot. We have a few kits on our website, along with all the safety stuff. Take a look at them and if you have any questions let us know.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by LS1 GG
Well, I tried searching but I can't find exactly what i'm looking for, i'm thinking about wet with a window switch fpss and a bottle heater, would the zex kit be better? Whats the biggest show I could run on a stock SS?
Old 11-13-2005, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Say what you are looking for. Seems like you want a complete wet kit. I had a Zex on my 2000 Z/28. It was a good starter kit. Zex, no matter what they really do, give you a feeling of safety. Most hight quality kits example...NX...see the most recent issue of GMHighTech Performance magazine (Jan 06) too will be safe and FUN if installed and used with some common sense. I looked for 6 months at what to go with when I chose the "NX MAF" kit. It is:
- high quality
- well supported by manufacturer and sales outfit
- good price
- well recieved by users
There are other kits you'll see here that will be okay as well. I suggest looking to the vendor tags to the right for vendows that have "nitrous" in their name. I buy 99% of my Nitrous Related stuff from Nitrous Outlet http://www.nitrousoutlet.com they sell several brands including Zex and NX...they have their own kits as well. Good folks there.
I run the NX MAF system with a MSD digital window switch. I have a FPSS but I choose not to use it for various reasons and personal preference. I have a Dyno Tune Nitrous warmer. I can only speak for myself, but in retrospect, I wish I had gone straight to a NX system instead of having the Zex...I would have saved some money. I run 150 shot. The NX is more potent than the Zex...the NX is measure at the rear wheels NOT flywheel.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Banned

What type of flow fuel pump should I get?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

Specific I mean like what exactly do I need to be safe as possible, and how does it work ?!?!?! lol like where does the fpss and window switch plug into that type of deal.

say for example, me, catback ss if it was yours what exactly would your order, as in add to the cart
Old 11-13-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a NX wet kit with a window switch, WOT switch, NOS warmer. Bought it all really cheap and have sprayed a lot of bottles through it. I do not have a FPSS but I did install a 255 Walbro pump in the tank, which is highly reccomended to do with nitrous.
Nitrous will mess up your car if:
1. You do a half *** install. Follow the schematics carefully. NX has awesome schematics on their website.
2. You spray to early or spray while pegging the rev limiter(window switch will prevent both of these situations)
3. You do not keep the bottle pressure at the recommended PSI. 900-1050 PSI is recommended on most systems) Too much PSI on a wet kit will lean out the mix and the motor will go boom. Too little PSI will have you running too rich and can cause an intake backfire.
4. You have a tune that advances timing.(you dont want more than stock timing with nitrous)
Keep in mind that just the added power from nitrous will cause additional wear on all internal motor parts. It isnt the nitrous that causes the wear, but the additional power all the internals are subject to. That said, your motor will take a bit of extra wear depending on how often you spray. Just do a very proper install, do not splice wires with tape or any ghetto **** like that, take you time and do dry runs to make sure that the solenoids are clicking when they should. Do this without the bottle connected. Have a buddy help you out and look at it, a second set of eyes will help you see any errors. Have the window switch set from around 3k-6k rpm, that is a safe range to spray. As long as you install properly and understand when to spray and when not too, you should have nothing but good experiences with nitrous. It is by far one of the best mods you can do.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Banned

something like this? But I cant find the where to put the gauge, a gauge pillar that is, would I need an a/f gauge as well?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

That list look great, get a blow down tube too, you need it for the track if they do a tech inspection. Im not sure about camaros, but in the trans am, you can put the gauge in the little window defroster vent in the a pillar. An A/F gauge is nice to have if you want one, not needed though, just be sure to check the A/f on a dyno at least once.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Banned

Oh yeah camaro's have that too, the thing that defrosts your side window. Whats that d-4 d-6 thing though?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Banned

Do I run a line to the gauge or how's that work?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

We can offer you a complete kit and everything else you may need for WAY LESS money. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Instead of all that extra random stuff in your cart, why don't you just get your basic kit, 20920 and the GEN-X2 kit? It'll eliminate a lot of the cost. The GEN-X2 kit comes with a bottle heater, purge, nitrous gauge, two or three flow throughs, the safety blow-down tube, all the relays you'll need, and the fpss. The only things you'll need are the RPM switch and filter.

-somebody
Old 11-13-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh yeah camaro's have that too, the thing that defrosts your side window. Whats that d-4 d-6 thing though?
I believe that is the size of the fitting.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by brad8266
I have a NX wet kit ... but I did install a 255 Walbro pump in the tank, which is highly reccomended to do with nitrous.
This is good advice in general. I'll do a new fuel pump in the spring myself but my stock FP is working with my 150 shot wet. That's about the limit. Dry is a different story.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah I have heard many people say that their stock pump has worked with a 200 shot, I would just rather not run the risk.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LS1 GG,
I see that you have shoped on our site.Fisrst I would like to say Thank you for looking at it.
If you call in your will get the system at a much less price than whats on the site. This way you can get some one on one tech and end up with a quality nitrous system at a much cheaper price.It looks like the guys have walked you through it pretty good.If you need and tech help or advice please send me a pm or call. I am behind on PMS at this time.
Thanks
Dave