Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Flare" vs. "Funnel" jets...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default "Flare" vs. "Funnel" jets...

What is the difference? I was comparing an NX brand 44 flare jet to a TNT 46 jet. THe TNT is slightly taller, and looks different in the taper of the hole. Overall - they look very similar.

Also, I have seen some nice looking solenoid brackets in a few people's pictures. I surfed some sites, but no one seems to sell anything custom. Do any of the sponsors have something clean and neat to mount the noids?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neither of those Jets are considered Funnel style jets, they are both the Flare style. A funnel style jet is mainly used when a compression poly line is used instead of an AN style. We have a few styles of solenoid brackets for the LS1, I should have some picts shortly.

Matt
Old 11-25-2005, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Thank you, I actually checked your site yesterday for brackets, etc. Now here is the next question - where would one go for just (1) replacement TNT jet. I have heard that NOS & NX jets are not compatible, and the same w/ the TNT jets. I checked TNT's online store... no dice on the jet. I would hate like hell to have to buy a whole jet pack for one jet when I already have a full F2 jet pack minus (1) of the 33's needed to make a 100 shot.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Try giving them a call, I'm pretty sure that they will sell you just one jet. The brackets aren't up on the site yet, I will hopefully have some pics up in the next few days.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Thank you, I actually checked your site yesterday for brackets, etc. Now here is the next question - where would one go for just (1) replacement TNT jet. I have heard that NOS & NX jets are not compatible, and the same w/ the TNT jets. I checked TNT's online store... no dice on the jet. I would hate like hell to have to buy a whole jet pack for one jet when I already have a full F2 jet pack minus (1) of the 33's needed to make a 100 shot.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the replies, I'll give them a call Monday. I would just go with 150 jets, but the old set up had trouble hooking with a 150. So... I'm thinking a 100 is going to be borderline once I finish swapping in the forged shortblock and H/C/I.

I anxiously await the pictures of those brackets. I'll be checking the site towards the end of next week.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

If you want PM me your email address and I'll email them to you when I get them.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Thanks for the replies, I'll give them a call Monday. I would just go with 150 jets, but the old set up had trouble hooking with a 150. So... I'm thinking a 100 is going to be borderline once I finish swapping in the forged shortblock and H/C/I.

I anxiously await the pictures of those brackets. I'll be checking the site towards the end of next week.

Quick Reply: "Flare" vs. "Funnel" jets...