Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing purge parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Missing purge parts?

I just bought a used NX kit that came with a purge, and it looks like I am missing the hose that routes to the windshield. I'm new to the nitrous game, and I'm not sure what all is needed to complete the purge. I know I need a hose, but what else? Is there a fitting that I need at the end of the hose where the nitrous exits? Do I have to drill a hole in the plastic piece under the windshield to mount the hose through? I searched the forum sponsors for the parts, but it looks as if they only carry the complete purge kits. All help is greatly appreciated.

Nitro Dave, I plan on buying the spare tire bracket for the bottle from you today, and if you have the parts needed to complete the purge let me know, as I'd like to combine the shipping of the parts.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Normally you use 3/16 hard line.. Pick that up at the parts store.. You will need more than what is supplied in the kit... Route the hard line where you want your plumb to exit. Mounting that part of the line, can be drill a small under size hole a force the hardline throu, use zip ties.
Hope this helps
Ricky
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Normally you use 3/16 hard line.. Pick that up at the parts store.. You will need more than what is supplied in the kit... Route the hard line where you want your plumb to exit. Mounting that part of the line, can be drill a small under size hole a force the hardline throu, use zip ties.
Hope this helps
Ricky
Thanks Ricky, it does help

Do I need anything for the end of the 3/16 line? Like a tip or something that will help give it that finished look?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's another way just route the line under the plastic cowl. Then bend it to clear the wiper arm. (hood side) Then just attach to wiper arm mount. If you 'crush' the line down to a 1/16 inch opening it adds to the plume.
Hawk