Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a progressive controller that allows you to control flow based on SPEED?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is there a progressive controller that allows you to control flow based on SPEED?

I bought a progressive controller a few months ago and first I was happy with the way it worked. It's just the basic start flowing X-% once the car hits Y-RPMS and ramp up over the course of Z-Seconds. What I came to realize is that this is great for a dragstip, but like most of you (come on, be honest), most of my contests of acceleration don't happen on "closed courses".

This severely diminishes the usefullness of my nitrous controller as now the races aren't all under the same circumstances. For example, I was on the freeway with an SRT-4, but I had my "dig" setting loaded on the controller (start at 35% flow and ramp up over 3.5 seconds). Since I'm on the freeway and actually have decent traction, I just wanted to punch the throttle and have the system going full tilt. I'm furiously trying to change settings while keeping control of my car, and in the mean time he takes off. He basically got a 3 second head start on me because of my controller. I still ended up beating him, but if it were another car I might not be so lucky.

Point of the story is, I need a contoller that can base the nitrous flow rate on speed instead of time or RPM. That way it doesn't matter if I'm going from a dig at a stoplight or a full freeway roll on, I just have to punch it and know that my setting is right where it should be. Does anyone know a controller that does this, or a way to modify one to do it? I thought my best shot would be a NX Max-II, but I downloaded the software and it doesn't seem to be able to.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAX 2 can do it, but its speed of the engine... Set the unit into RPM mode, also choose the gear selection and lay out the maps per gear. set it up to be 2 gears high and low... set the low gear as if at the race track and high gear to be ***** out.. Now on your non-closed corse when you arm the system it thinks low gear, you deck it, it shift and now you are in high gear...
Ricky