Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wet. vs. dry ( first shot )

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet. vs. dry ( first shot )

just wondering why you see so many poeple running a dry/wet combo rather than a wet/wet, or any other way, is dry safer in 1st gear or am i missing something. was thinking of the maf with a dual stage or the new dynotune dry/wet looks promising, so can anyone answer my question
Old 01-30-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dry generally hits softer and easier to hook for most people because the tune is a little more conservative. The chances of a backfire are much less with a low RPM dry activation, and the chances of the legendary intake blasting are pretty much zero with a dry shot. It's also less complex to install.

Other people look at it as a fuel delivery problem, as in the stock injectors will only stay within a reasonable range of duty cycle with a dry shot until it's time to upgrade. If you go wet you don't have to swap injectors.

Different strokes...
Old 01-30-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In addition, the dry 1st stage will allow pulling of timing through your tune. This way you can have you n/a timing and when spraying only, timing is pulled. I have a how to write up in my web in links section. Some guys use, dry/dry or dry/dry/dry. hehehehehe
Robert
Old 01-31-2006, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

speaking only for myself, I maxed my 55lb injectors out with my dry stage. Then instead of increasing injectors again, and comprimising idle quality, I added a wet stage (which pulles like a ****).
Old 01-31-2006, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Vin, ya sure....The novi with wet kit atomizes everything in a 100 yard radius

I think s10 stated it nicely... Robert, I agree, we use to run Dry/Dry/Dry

If your looking for small dry shots 0-100 hp its the best bet! You can always upgrade to wet if you need more power for like $150

Cheers

Dan