Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nozzle shootout

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the window switch 860 performance is lending is a FJO dual stage controller. will that satisfy? it won't be progressive. 100% at activation. this test won't be happening for at least a month. so, let's say 3000-6000 rpms?? i can still use macedo motorsports dyno. just trying to get a different venue that would allow you to be there as well. if you want to be there.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I can see this already, the core NX group, Ricky, Al, and Vinny, c'mon were's Dave, then this will get great coverage, NX against the world. Now, I am not talking as a rep for Cold Fusion, but to keep the biased at bay, maybe have guys from each camp involved. As it stands, the parameters are being established based on how the NX camp see's things. Already stated, no mph based dyno pulls, I wonder where the implication is in that statement? and feel rpm is fine if you really understand what's up. also, stated was the fact that no ws was used on mrr23's test, however, an engagement variation on CF test was put through the ringer? Just some insight that I see already, and I have really no way to be part of this, so I will just be giving my 5-cents as I feel the urge. A good idea over all, though.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 02-25-2006 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Change rpm to mph
Old 02-25-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Robert...dont forget Im the one that said most nozzles where the same. I dont believe we will see any real difference here. I think the differences in power will correspond to flows.

I also dont belive Vinny is an NX guy. He seems to march to his own beat.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dosen't Scott live in Fl? If hes not too far, maybe he could swing by.

Originally Posted by Robert56
Well I can see this already, the core NX group, Ricky, Al, and Vinny, c'mon were's Dave, then this will get great coverage, NX against the world. Now, I am not talking as a rep for Cold Fusion, but to keep the biased at bay, maybe have guys from each camp involved. As it stands, the parameters are being established based on how the NX camp see's things. Already stated, no rpm based dyno pulls, I wonder where the implication is in that statement? and feel rpm is fine if you really understand what's up. also, stated was the fact that no ws was used on mrr23's test, however, an engagement variation on CF test was put through the ringer? Just some insight that I see already, and I have really no way to be part of this, so I will just be giving my 5-cents as I feel the urge. A good idea over all, though.
Robert
Old 02-25-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
Dosen't Scott live in Fl? If hes not too far, maybe he could swing by.
No, he moved to one of the Carolinas. But, how far that is, not sure.
Robert
Old 02-25-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Robert...dont forget Im the one that said most nozzles where the same. I dont believe we will see any real difference here. I think the differences in power will correspond to flows.

I also dont belive Vinny is an NX guy. He seems to march to his own beat.
Yes, however, I like the using the same jets idea, this really shows the difference in nozzles. Then, also, do a matched a/f test, by varying the jets. This could get expensive, I will also donate a small $$ to the kitty, as that's about all I can do. Unless, you guy's want to ship my Z06 down there for the test mule?
Robert
Old 02-25-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Veteran

not same jets though Robert...same flow #s. Those are two different things. Jet size isnt the final word on flow. Its certainly the biggest factor...but as we have see ...not the only factor.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Well I can see this already, the core NX group, Ricky, Al, and Vinny, c'mon were's Dave, then this will get great coverage, NX against the world. Now, I am not talking as a rep for Cold Fusion, but to keep the biased at bay, maybe have guys from each camp involved. As it stands, the parameters are being established based on how the NX camp see's things. Already stated, no rpm based dyno pulls, I wonder where the implication is in that statement? and feel rpm is fine if you really understand what's up. also, stated was the fact that no ws was used on mrr23's test, however, an engagement variation on CF test was put through the ringer? Just some insight that I see already, and I have really no way to be part of this, so I will just be giving my 5-cents as I feel the urge. A good idea over all, though.
Robert
As it stands, the parameters are being established based on how the NX camp see's things.
Robert, what NX parameters are you talking about please.
[/COLOR] Already stated, no rpm based dyno pulls, I wonder where the implication is in that statement? Who said no rpm pulls. Infact I think Vinny said to make sure it was rpm not mph and to include air fuel.
Hmm core NX group,
I saw the opportunity to be aprat of a test I think will yeild some good data for all. And believe in the testing methods, and the persons controlling the tests. I also know when the time comes to post up the data there it will be completely, and no one will have to wait for it... I beleive in every peice of the NX line, and for the right tests by the right people are more than willing to put up.

Notice I have agreed where is scott at.

I have a couple of flow bottles I can throw out there, please make sure no matter how many bottle you have, that all bottle have the same valve.
The window switch can be set up to turn on the system at 3000 and shut it down at 6000 or what ever, I do not like hitting at 2500.....

Ricky
Old 02-25-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would be willing to send you a nozzle that i have. I have NO idea what brand it is though. Its black and the jets actually screw into the nozzle. where it discharges there are just 2 small holes at the end. perhaps you can look at the pic and tell me what it is.
Attached Thumbnails nozzle shootout-nos-kit-4.jpg  
Old 02-25-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
As it stands, the parameters are being established based on how the NX camp see's things.
Robert, what NX parameters are you talking about please.
Meaning, all input so far is the standard NX based guys, no other vendor/company yet.
[/COLOR] Already stated, no rpm based dyno pulls, I wonder where the implication is in that statement? Who said no rpm pulls. Infact I think Vinny said to make sure it was rpm not mph and to include air fuel.
I meant mph and changed my thread to that. Everyone was crying that it was mph based and not rpm, when in fact there is a correlation. the implication is the fact that it is already being stated that no mph based dyno, and reading the other thread you what I am talking about.
Hmm core NX group,
What are ya really thinking, no NX based group?
I saw the opportunity to be aprat of a test I think will yeild some good data for all. And believe in the testing methods, and the persons controlling the tests. I also know when the time comes to post up the data there it will be completely, and no one will have to wait for it... I beleive in every peice of the NX line, and for the right tests by the right people are more than willing to put up.
The test part is cool, and I have no problem with it. however, you don't see an independent test as more accurate for all? The right test by the right people, yea I bet, we'll see how far this really goes, and by the way there are other companys besides ND, right?

Notice I have agreed where is scott at.
If your going to be calling out someone, maybe Albert or the owners of Cold Fusion? Scott only posted the findings from the parent company.

I have a couple of flow bottles I can throw out there, please make sure no matter how many bottle you have, that all bottle have the same valve.
The window switch can be set up to turn on the system at 3000 and shut it down at 6000 or what ever, I do not like hitting at 2500.....
Wuss...

Ricky
Robert
Old 02-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Now now Robert no name calling. lol I am not calling anyone out, ND is the sponsor on this board not cf. Anyway like before I am in.
Ricky

Last edited by NXRICKY; 02-26-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

well i read over this breifly.. bottom line is test away if you want.. but I have zero interest in the outcome, and will be extremely doubtful regardless of the outcome especially if 383 has anything to do with this being that he's made it very obvious who he's in love with.

Test away, but this is just another bunch of hoo hoo if ya ask me.

Where am I at? Right here working, what are you doing?

What a rediculous statement i'm not the manufacture. Buy a nozzle if you want test away, i don't care... lol nothing to hide, good or bad. Then there will be another test by someone else with diff results, then another from someone else with diff results.. this is nothing new, infact rather oldddddd...

Really.. YAWN

And Ricky so what If we are a sponsor here, we're not the manufacturer.. i love how things get twisted around.. REALLY amusing, and to think i was going to comedy night tonight, i could just stay here and read!! but wait.. they have cold beer there, never mind.. lol
Do whatcha want..., if you want a donated nozzle I suggest you contact Cold Fusion

What i'm really trying to say is.. I'm OVER the BS and nonsense, you guys need to focus on your products, your cars, and your times, this is not as the world turns
Old 02-26-2006, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

also, stated was the fact that no ws was used on mrr23's test, however, an engagement variation on CF test was put through the ringer? Robert
no that the window switch would have much difference, one thing i can't stand about dynojet is it's inability to capture data. as you can see, i started at 3200 rpms. but the dynojet didn't start to capture until almost 4500 rpms. it's an inherent design created by dynojet themsleves. inside the program is some parameters. if the engine rpms and drum speed do not meet this criteria, it throws out the data and won't graph it. you can see it if you flip to time instead of speed or rpm.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
I would be willing to send you a nozzle that i have. I have NO idea what brand it is though. Its black and the jets actually screw into the nozzle. where it discharges there are just 2 small holes at the end. perhaps you can look at the pic and tell me what it is.
that is a compucar nozzle. it's the same one i have already. thanks for offer.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

didn't take long for this thread to go awry. anyways, all vendors and others can have input on what parameters they would like to see. as far as 383LQ4SS, i was asking him to be there to observe the testing that I will be conducting.

ricky - i can use the two compucar bottles that i have. i was only wanting more to keep the testing differences to a minimum. wanted all nozzles to have a filled bottle. i can stop when the bottle is at say 5 lbs remaining and refill.

robert56 - what i really need is to have nozzles sent to me. seeing as that's where the bulk of the will be spent by me if i have to buy them.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
well i read over this breifly.. bottom line is test away if you want.. but I have zero interest in the outcome, and will be extremely doubtful regardless of the outcome especially if 383 has anything to do with this being that he's made it very obvious who he's in love with.

What a rediculous statement i'm not the manufacture. Buy a nozzle if you want test away, i don't care... lol nothing to hide, good or bad. Then there will be another test by someone else with diff results, then another from someone else with diff results.. this is nothing new, infact rather oldddddd...

Really.. YAWN

And Ricky so what If we are a sponsor here, we're not the manufacturer.. i love how things get twisted around.. REALLY amusing, and to think i was going to comedy night tonight, i could just stay here and read!! but wait.. they have cold beer there, never mind.. lol
Do whatcha want..., if you want a donated nozzle I suggest you contact Cold Fusion

What i'm really trying to say is.. I'm OVER the BS and nonsense, you guys need to focus on your products, your cars, and your times, this is not as the world turns
Sounds like someone is scared of the outcome of this test. BTW do you ever post anything positive???????????????
Old 02-26-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect

Really.. YAWN

Obviously reading comprehension is not your best attribute. Actually Im still trying to figure if you have any good attributes, I have yet to see any. I take offense that you would suggest I try to be anything less than open here and that Im in "love with NX". If you had read my thread and my input about this subject on many threads you would have seen that I personally think there IS LITTLE TO NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE GOOD NOZZLES. That means I personally dont think NX nozzles are better than TNT...etc..etc. I am sure Ricky may disagree. But thats my feeling. Same goes for TNT, CG, BG, and whatever else. And I CLEARLY stated my reasons for that thinking in the other thread discussing nozzle design. Did you miss that whole thing? Or did you just gloss over it because its well over your head? Thats what I am begining to think because some of your posts are off in left field and rarely have any technical input.

I personally think you are not happy because the users and myself did not let your wild claims of the new nozzles go unchecked. YOU said that you had all the proof and testing and that you would post it. What did we get? Three extremely poor dyno graphs that didnt show squat. And to be honest they didnt even appear to be real. I question everything on those claims and tests.

Now...the new CF nozzles may be a good performer. I am still open to that idea completely. And as I have stated many times...id be willing to bet they perform ATLEAST as good as the other top nozzles on the market. But probably not any better when the same AF and flow rates are factored in. But real tests would need to be done.

As far as me being involved in testing...id rather not. A test like everyone is proposing will take quite a bit of someones weekend. If the timing was right I may be able to participate...but I cant commit to anything for a few months. Thats why I said I would pony up some cash to pay for Nitrous and dyno time. I may try to help MRr23 with the dyno price if thats possible. But anything further than that my participation is not likely at this point.

MRR23 will be doing the tests if this all pans out. I completely trust him to be impartial and fair. Just as he was with his previous test between NX and the Nytrex nozzle.

You continue to be childish here on this board. The new policy was not my idea. But I am going to play by those new rules. In the past it was always my policy to only talk about things in a specific way. Well thing have changed and I am not going to let ANYTHING go unquestioned or let anyone get any cheap shots in...especially on me. So dont expect me to turn the other cheek from this point on.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Veteran

BTW...MRR23 it would not be fair for you to have to pay for everything. I think any interested parties should really TRY to throw in something. If we could get 10 members to throw in $25...that would be $250. That would pay for quite a bit of juice and some dyno time. I will put in $50. Do you have a paypal accnt that I can send the cash to?

Come on LS1tech members. I have full faith that MNRR23 can perform these tests fairly. I honestly dont think a nozzle shootout has ever really been perfrmed to these strict standards. This is a good opportunity to learn something and do real world testing. Many memebrs have learned invaluable information here. Lets give a small amount towards this testing if possible.

MRR23..what do you think about a paypal acct and some people sending money to cover costs?
Old 02-26-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hc_performance
Sounds like someone is scared of the outcome of this test. BTW do you ever post anything positive???????????????
now, now, after all he is only a vendor. not the manufacturer. if he chooses not to volunteer a CF nozzle, that's his perogative. after all, he isn't the owner. hence, not his call to donate a manufacturers product without first consulting them.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
BTW...MRR23 it would not be fair for you to have to pay for everything. I think any interested parties should really TRY to throw in something. If we could get 10 members to throw in $25...that would be $250. That would pay for quite a bit of juice and some dyno time. I will put in $50. Do you have a paypal accnt that I can send the cash to?

Come on LS1tech members. I have full faith that MRR23 can perform these tests fairly. I honestly dont think a nozzle shootout has ever really been perfrmed to these strict standards. This is a good opportunity to learn something and do real world testing. Many memebrs have learned invaluable information here. Lets give a small amount towards this testing if possible.

MRR23..what do you think about a paypal acct and some people sending money to cover costs?
i do have paypal account. i thank you for the contribution. for now, let's see how much further this will go. i will be doing the test. the biggest thing is getting all the nozzles. rounding those up is 1st priority.

i don't think many manufacturer vs manufacturer testing has been done. my thinking is because the manufacturers don't "care". meaning, most stay out of competing against each other out of professional courtesy and such. which is why independant people end up doing it. and then you don't get much of that due to costs. for me, i'm a fact finder type of person. look at the wife's webpage. i tested every part that went on her car individually. that way i knew exactly what that part did by itself. not put a part on and tune it and that's what the part did.

the last nozzle test was to find out why i'm missing 40 rwhp. i wanted to find out why some manufacturers of nitrous say this jet size equals rwhp and others say motor rated. until recently, i have always left it at motor rating. then the question popped up as to why the difference. i don't wait for someone else to do it. i find out for myself.

Quick Reply: nozzle shootout