Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous sputters...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:36 AM
317indy

Default Nitrous sputters...

I went to the track last night, and I havent ran my nitrous since the autumn set in. Anyways, I got my bottle filled a week before and hadnt used it until last night (tuesday). Well I launched the car, and first was pulling but went by quickly. Second gear came around and the clutch didnt hold so I let out.

Second run I didnt launch the car this time nor did I spray out of the hole. I waited second gear to flip the switch. I hit it and it started bucking Nitrous.......Off...Nit.Off.....Nitrous...Off. So at that point I just said forget about it. So I parked the car and watched everyone else run.

Its a basic NX Wet kit, I dont have a FPSS. I dont have a bottle heater but I used a torch on the bottle to heat it up, I dont have a gauge on it, so I wasnt sure of pressure. But since it was warm to the hand (98.5º) which roughly equates to around 1090psi. The bottle was mounted at the right angle, however because of room restaints, the line was coming out at almost a 90º but slightly downward.

On the way home bottle pressure had obviously gone down, however I mounted the bottle upright and tried it again. Again it sputtered and wouldnt stay on nitrous.

I havent checked it nor do I plan on it until my Supercharger gets here tommorow, so Im just wanting to get peoples opinions on what it is. Im thinking its a fuel line that is leaking somewhere after the solinoid or it was the bottle and the nitrous refill. The guy said it had approx 6lbs of nitrous in it and it was almost 6 months old at the time. So he put 4lbs ontop of the 6 old pounds. Is this a possiblity?

Anyone with any kind of input would be of bennefit people who actually use the search feature as I found nothing during my search. I did find one on a dry kit, but that doesnt really apply to this situation.