Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else have a problem with their bottle rattling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question anyone else have a problem with their bottle rattling?

I have my bottled mounted on the hump in between the rear seats. And the bottle is constantly rattling. At least as near as I can tell its the bottle. I have tightened every bolt on the bracket and the bottle holder to no evail. If I slap or jiggle the bottle I can get it to shut up temporarily but it always comes back. It sounds kinda like the pick up tube inside the bottle is rattling against the inside.

Here is a pic of the setup :

And I have a blow down tube installed now, so don't worry about that.

Anyone else experience this, any ideas.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 04-25-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

The siphon tube could be loose on the inside.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BackinBlack02SS
The siphon tube could be loose on the inside.
Is there a way to tighten that? If so how would one go about doing that?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Restricted User

With the bottle empty unscrew the valve & handle assembly. Carefully pull the valve and siphon tube out. If the tube is still attached to the valve, grab onto it and pull/wiggle to make sure it is tight. Some siphon tubes to valves are press fit, and some are press fit and epoxied. Not sure on TNT bottles, I think I have or have had all the others though. GL,

Charlie
Old 04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definetly check if its loose, but sometimes its not loose, its just that the end of the tube is barely up against the inside of the bottle and you can hear that.
Vinny

Originally Posted by CAT3
With the bottle empty unscrew the valve & handle assembly. Carefully pull the valve and siphon tube out. If the tube is still attached to the valve, grab onto it and pull/wiggle to make sure it is tight. Some siphon tubes to valves are press fit, and some are press fit and epoxied. Not sure on TNT bottles, I think I have or have had all the others though. GL,

Charlie
Old 04-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Restricted User

In that case, there might be enough bouncing that it may have left a mark on the edge of the tubing closest to the bottle, or I'd hope if its rattling that much. Good point though.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The only bottle that rattles in mine is the damn Heineke in the central console cupholder....!! LOL! Is there a fix for that???
Old 04-26-2006, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

There should not be anything rattling at all! When does it rattle at idle or just over bumps? First check all your nuts and bolts on your bracket there, make sure your clamps are nice and tight as well. If still rattling it's most likely your siphon tube. While none of us would advocate opening your bottle, we can walk you through it and have you check your siphon tube if you need help. Obviously the first step will be to make sure your bottle is bone empty. PM, call or email us for help it's easy to check and fix if it is loose, so no worries!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Restricted User

I advocate opening any and all "new" to me bottles, be it new or used, if I havent checked it before, I will now....and as stated EMPTY. I had a new bottle with chunks of some kind of epoxy or sealant in the bottom that had got into the screen clogging it up and could have cost me more. Used ones just the same. Besides, you check it when you get it, and you wont have to worry if the tube is loose. Nothing to it really, ensure bottles empty, unscrew valve, gently pull (dont want to yank it out and tweak the siphon tube), tilt upside down to remove debris (or spray air in it making sure eyes are protected) check siphon, reinsert with thread sealant on valve threads, tighten and enjoy piece of mind.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

David@TNT has been pm'ing me and we are getting it all worked out. I appreciate everyone's help and input. And I greatly appreciate the customer service that David is providing with this........absolutely amazing!!!

Thanks again,
Brian

Quick Reply: anyone else have a problem with their bottle rattling?